Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

In my case, NVMEFix allowed me to reduce the average temperature of my Samsung 970 Pro by about 10°C (18°F)...
Without: 55°C (131°F) / With: 45°C (113°F)

Last edited:
I still can't install Big Sur.
I tried to update, it didn't work, I tried to do a clean installation, it also wasn't, and now I tried to install it on a 1 TB HDD and it gave the same error as the SSD.
View attachment 496396View attachment 496395

Which BIOS are you on? Is your CFG Lock disabled?

Make sure config.plist > Misc > Security > SecureBootModel > Disabled is set.

How to know when it is necessary to apply it? I have a Samsung 970 EVO Plus.

It's supposed to fix power management issues with NVMe. Since sleep/wake worked for me, I never installed it. It probably wouldn't do any harm to have it either...

Hi folks,
can anyone guide how to bypass below annoying loop message ! thx a lot
''
AMFI: SIP is off, allowing core dump for pld 97 (logd) Process[97] crashed: logd. Too many corpses being created. ...localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.logd.97) <Notice>: Service exited due to SIGILL | sent by exc handler[97] ...localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.logd) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.
''

Hi folks,
can anyone guide how to bypass below annoying loop message ! thx a lot
''
AMFI: SIP is off, allowing core dump for pld 97 (logd) Process[97] crashed: logd. Too many corpses being created. ...localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.logd.97) <Notice>: Service exited due to SIGILL | sent by exc handler[97] ...localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.logd) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.
''

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

Which BIOS are you on? Is your CFG Lock disabled?

Make sure config.plist > Misc > Security > SecureBootModel > Disabled is set.
I followed the step by step of your topic, I have the latest version of Bios informed here and also CFG Lock disabled.

After powering up your system, seem the F12 key to get to the BIOS boot menu. Then select the drive that has your Clover EFI.
Thanks again for the speedy reply!

I should have been more clear; I can select which HDD to boot from in the BIOS boot menu, and I can boot from the Clover EFI of the selected HDD, but I do not boot into the macOS volume of the selected HDD. Instead I boot into the macOS volume of whichever HDD was last active.

For example, I am using macOS on "HDD A". I want to boot into macOS on "HDD B". I restart, select "HDD B" in the BIOS boot menu, and while I do boot into the Clover EFI of "HDD B", I still boot into macOS on "HDD A".

I suspect this is because of this key in the Boot section of the config.plist (from your Clover r5126 Z390M v4 EFI):

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>LastBootedVolume</string>

Currently, the only way I can boot into macOS on "HDD B" is to shut down and disconnect the SATA and PSU cable from "HDD A". On next boot up, instead of booting directly to the Apple boot logo, I boot into the Clover boot menu and can then select macOS on "HDD B."

How can I get the Clover boot menu to show up and allow me to select which macOS volume to boot from? Currently my Hack is bypassing the Clover boot menu completely and going directly to the Apple boot logo. I've tried changing the timeout value to -1 but I'm still bypassing the Clover boot menu.

Thanks,

Bruno

Back