Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Ok, sorry for all the posts. Modifying the scan policy now shows me all my drives. When I try to boot from the USB drive or my normal M2 SSD drive, I get this security policy error. Ever seen that?

Try setting:

config.plist > Misc > Security > SecureBootModel > Disabled

Try setting:

config.plist > Misc > Security > SecureBootModel > Disabled

Thanks. That did the trick. I was able to get up and running with OC. The only issue I had is that it did not seem to use my Apple TBD for sound as a default. The OC Sanity Checker mentioned something about needing to add something to the boot argument, "You need to add alcid=<layout> here since you are using AppleALC.kext". The other thing I noticed is the OpenCL benchmark was about 20% lower than clover. I wasn't using RadeonBoost in either EFI. Other than that, I didn't really see anything that was better or worse so I switched back to Clover for now. Is it normal to have to log back into iCloud when switching EFIs from Clover to OpenCore?

Oh yeah, one other issue I had is the Picker wouldn't remember which drive I booted from the last time, so it always defaulted to my Windows drive, which shows up first.

Thanks. That did the trick. I was able to get up and running with OC. The only issue I had is that it did not seem to use my Apple TBD for sound as a default. The OC Sanity Checker mentioned something about needing to add something to the boot argument, "You need to add alcid=<layout> here since you are using AppleALC.kext". The other thing I noticed is the OpenCL benchmark was about 20% lower than clover. I wasn't using RadeonBoost in either EFI. Other than that, I didn't really see anything that was better or worse so I switched back to Clover for now. Is it normal to have to log back into iCloud when switching EFIs from Clover to OpenCore?

Oh yeah, one other issue I had is the Picker wouldn't remember which drive I booted from the last time, so it always defaulted to my Windows drive, which shows up first.

Audio-id is already set in DeviceProperties. That's the preferred method.

I have no idea why there's a difference in OpenCL performance. OpenCore should not have any direct effect on Radoen drivers.

Yes, I always have to sign in again to iCloud after testing different bootloaders.

Hi @pastrychef

I've used you giuide for my system in the begining of March which helpt me out a lot. I'm running into one thing and hopefuly you can lend me your ear and give advice. Recently I'v bought some WD Elements USB 3.0 external HDD. But they only seem to show up while using a usb1 port. All other ports it's as if they don't exist. The drives work as I've tested them on another computer.

My keyboard and BT USB thingy work on all ports thought.

Could you help to get this solved?

Hi @pastrychef

I've used you giuide for my system in the begining of March which helpt me out a lot. I'm running into one thing and hopefuly you can lend me your ear and give advice. Recently I'v bought some WD Elements USB 3.0 external HDD. But they only seem to show up while using a usb1 port. All other ports it's as if they don't exist. The drives work as I've tested them on another computer.

My keyboard and BT USB thingy work on all ports thought.

Could you help to get this solved?

It sounds like your USB ports are not configured correctly. Just use the following guide and fix your USB...

Hello,

I have a problem with the installation at startup, I have a crossed out circle at about halfway through the installation. I am with the F9J bios with the cfg disabled, and I respected the creation of the key via the terminal + the efi clover R5122 folder. I simply added

An idea? Verbose shows me a text that is partially erased at the end of the block. Looks like it's talking about IO ports

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_4455.jpg
    IMG_4455.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4454-1.jpg
    IMG_4454-1.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4453.jpg
    IMG_4453.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4452-1.jpg
    IMG_4452-1.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4451.jpg
    IMG_4451.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4450.jpg
    IMG_4450.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4449.jpg
    IMG_4449.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4447.jpg
    IMG_4447.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 39
Hello,

I have a problem with the installation at startup, I have a crossed out circle at about halfway through the installation. I am with the F9J bios with the cfg disabled, and I respected the creation of the key via the terminal + the efi clover R5122 folder. I simply added

An idea? Verbose shows me a text that is partially erased at the end of the block. Looks like it's talking about IO ports

Thanks for your help

You do not have to disable VT-d.

Thank you for this nice post, I exactly follow your installation with F9J and everything work fine.

I absolutely needed a temporary mac because I need to have my MBP16 repaired for the USBC ports and I was able to use my mac's timemachine backup perfectly to use it without any errors on this hackintosh. I can now work in complete safety, so I have a second spare mac. Thank you again for this very detailed post!

Back