Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hi @pastrychef,

Regarding your Z390, are you staying with Clover (version?) or have you found OC 0.5.9 pleasant?
What about your Z370?

I have been on OpenCore on both my Z370 and Z390 systems for quite a few months already. Both have been working reliably and I have no complaints. I can't say that it's "better" than Clover because, to me, both work equally as well.

Thanks for that. I try to keep an eye on your work. I'm using OC on my Z390 build: I unlocked the CFG with a BIOS update for native NVRAM. The Z370 build components are identical except for the CPU and RAM speed, but I couldn't get it to load Mojave with an OC EFI, so that one's still on Clover.

Thanks for that. I try to keep an eye on your work. I'm using OC on my Z390 build: I unlocked the CFG with a BIOS update for native NVRAM. The Z370 build components are identical except for the CPU and RAM speed, but I couldn't get it to load Mojave with an OC EFI, so that one's still on Clover.

Hmm... There should be very little changes needed to get the same EFI working on your Z370. The only thing I can things I can think of off the top of my head are, (1) no need for SSDT-PMC on Z370, (2) make sure CFG lock is disabled on the Z370, and (3) SSDT-PLUG is correct for Z370.

Hi, thanks a lot! the EFI works like a charm.
But sometimes I fail to startup. Have you encountered a similar problem?

img_20200726112949.jpg

I am new to the group, I have been doing doing this Hackintosh ( Catalina ) for the same motherboard, every thing works fine, but i have one issue i am not able to fix - i have a issue with the audio when using USB Audio Interface ( i have not checked if it comes without it though )

Issue: I am getting a intermittent Audio breakup which is very annoying sometimes

Any help in this regard will really help

here are some of the things i tried based on some posts

1) updated AppleALC
2) Disabled Serial Port
3) Tried the AFGLowPowerState
4) Made sure the UUID etc are set in the SMBIOS

Please let me know if there is any thing that i might have missed. thanks

I am new to the group, I have been doing doing this Hackintosh ( Catalina ) for the same motherboard, every thing works fine, but i have one issue i am not able to fix - i have a issue with the audio when using USB Audio Interface ( i have not checked if it comes without it though )

Issue: I am getting a intermittent Audio breakup which is very annoying sometimes

Any help in this regard will really help

here are some of the things i tried based on some posts

1) updated AppleALC
2) Disabled Serial Port
3) Tried the AFGLowPowerState
4) Made sure the UUID etc are set in the SMBIOS

Please let me know if there is any thing that i might have missed. thanks

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

I'm not positive, but I don't think AppleALC has anything to do with USB audio...
How did you disable serial port? Are you using the F9k Beta BIOS?

Have you tried disabling XMP?

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

I'm not positive, but I don't think AppleALC has anything to do with USB audio...
How did you disable serial port? Are you using the F9k Beta BIOS?

Have you tried disabling XMP?

Hi,

I think i did update the profile not sure if it is showing fine, will recheck it and update,( I able to see it under my name in the post through )

Yes i am using the F9K Beta BIOS that i had installed just to disable the serial port but it seems fine even otherwise
Yes i did try after revoking the XMP as well ( missed to list that ) , but no change

This is a long shot, but I had a similar problem with a Bluetooth USB dongle. When I connected it directly to a USB port (2 or 3) it would "stutter" in that my Magic Mouse would be laggy and movement would be choppy.

What seemed to fix it was to connect the dongle to a hub. The best guess that I could make was that there was some sort of cache or buffer in the hub for integrating the signals from the various input.

Hi,

I think i did update the profile not sure if it is showing fine, will recheck it and update,( I able to see it under my name in the post through )

Yes i am using the F9K Beta BIOS that i had installed just to disable the serial port but it seems fine even otherwise
Yes i did try after revoking the XMP as well ( missed to list that ) , but no change

Back