Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

This is a long shot, but I had a similar problem with a Bluetooth USB dongle. When I connected it directly to a USB port (2 or 3) it would "stutter" in that my Magic Mouse would be laggy and movement would be choppy.

What seemed to fix it was to connect the dongle to a hub. The best guess that I could make was that there was some sort of cache or buffer in the hub for integrating the signals from the various input.

Hi Thanks for the tip,

But I have already connected to a USB hub as the Audio Interface is USB 2.0 so i have connected it to the hub and not directly to the USB 3/3.1 ports.

thanks

@pastrychef : Back to my overclocking question! I thought I had figured it out and I thought my system was stable, but in a few recent Handbrake renderings, it choked.

Would you mind sharing your BIOS settings that you use to overclock? I think I lost the silicon lottery and I can't seem to get above 5.0 GHz even with very high voltages. Do you mess around with the BCLK or Ring ratio?

Hi,

I think i did update the profile not sure if it is showing fine, will recheck it and update,( I able to see it under my name in the post through )

Yes i am using the F9K Beta BIOS that i had installed just to disable the serial port but it seems fine even otherwise
Yes i did try after revoking the XMP as well ( missed to list that ) , but no change

Hmm... I don't know that else can mess with the USB audio...

The only thing that I could think of that may affect USB was XMP.

The USB hub that you tried, was it externally powered?

@pastrychef : Back to my overclocking question! I thought I had figured it out and I thought my system was stable, but in a few recent Handbrake renderings, it choked.

Would you mind sharing your BIOS settings that you use to overclock? I think I lost the silicon lottery and I can't seem to get above 5.0 GHz even with very high voltages. Do you mess around with the BCLK or Ring ratio?

For 5.0GHz, I use 1.290v with Turbo LLC and 47 ring ratio.

When it crashed on Handbrake, did you see what the CPU temperatures were?

Thanks -- it was reaching 100'C. I have the VCore set for Auto, and it was pulling over 1.4 V

:(

I think I lost the silicon lottery.

For 5.0GHz, I use 1.290v with Turbo LLC and 47 ring ratio.

When it crashed on Handbrake, did you see what the CPU temperatures were?

Thanks -- it was reaching 100'C. I have the VCore set for Auto, and it was pulling over 1.4 V

:(

I think I lost the silicon lottery.

100C will cause throttling or shut down...

1.4v is way, way, way too much voltage. With Turbo LLC, the highest I would even consider using is 1.350v and I think even that's too much. When you push that much voltage, you really need elaborate cooling to keep the CPU from throttling or shutting down. Even the VRM may need extra cooling with that much voltage.

Holy smokes! That LLC was the missing setting. I had mine on Auto. I have am stable at 50 and 1.350v. I’m going to try higher multipliers and lower voltages.

What do the other LLC settings do, ie., Extreme and Ultra Extreme do? Would you recommend playing with those?

100C will cause throttling or shut down...

1.4v is way, way, way too much voltage. With Turbo LLC, the highest I would even consider using is 1.350v and I think even that's too much. When you push that much voltage, you really need elaborate cooling to keep the CPU from throttling or shutting down. Even the VRM may need extra cooling with that much voltage.

Hmm... I don't know that else can mess with the USB audio...

The only thing that I could think of that may affect USB was XMP.

The USB hub that you tried, was it externally powered?

Hi

it is not external powered, I saw a few posts that recommended to use a powered one for audio interfaces.
do you think that is related and might help ?

Hi

it is not external powered, I saw a few posts that recommended to use a powered one for audio interfaces.
do you think that is related and might help ?

Yes, I would definitely try a powered hub.

Holy smokes! That LLC was the missing setting. I had mine on Auto. I have am stable at 50 and 1.350v. I’m going to try higher multipliers and lower voltages.

What do the other LLC settings do, ie., Extreme and Ultra Extreme do? Would you recommend playing with those?

The LLC settings help compensate for the fluctuations in power. I did considerable testing on this motherboard and found that Turbo offered the best balance of stability without overshooting the voltage too far. If you want to try, I suggest only going lower and avoid the Extreme and Ultra Extreme settings.

Try setting 51 multiplier and 1320v. That's what I'm using now and it has been stable.

Back