Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I'm doing it now, just swapped out the Mobo. What program do you use to edit your OC settings eg my serial number etc. Also, the kext I have for USB (different config to yours), can I use that kext within OC or not? Just put it in the BOOT/EFI/OC/KEXTS folder?

Please see post #3 for a list of apps that you can use.

Please see post #3 for a list of apps that you can use.
Got it. In your readme, it says to enter MAC address for ROM. Excuse my ignorance, but I think my MAC address is - I got this by typing "ifconfig en1 | grep ether" in terminal. I think the output I get is hex, a4:5e:60:de:81:xx, is that right? Do I need to convert to decimal to enter the value for ROM in plist edit Pro here:
Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 16.46.11.png

Got it. In your readme, it says to enter MAC address for ROM. Excuse my ignorance, but I think my MAC address is - I got this by typing "ifconfig en1 | grep ether" in terminal. I think the output I get is hex, a4:5e:60:de:81:xx, is that right? Do I need to convert to decimal to enter the value for ROM in plist edit Pro here:
View attachment 466104

1. Open System Preferences.
  2. Click on Network.
  3. Click on your motherboard ethernet on the left pane.
  4. Click on the "Advanced" button.
  5. Click on the 'Hardware" tab.
  6. Your MAC address is on the first line.
  7. Enter it in to your config.plist without the colons.

Last edited:
@pastrychef thanks so much for your help in this thread and for sharing your files and knowledge. OpenCore seems to be running like a dream, much quicker to boot up and system feels even more responsive. Windows booting is perfect also. I'm a happy man. :headbang::thumbup:

Hello pastrychef
I need your help for just config OpenCore in my hackintosh iMac 19,1
I have Gigabyte Z390-M (NO GAMING) + CPU Intel i5 9600K + Fan Coler Master Hyper 212 EVO + RAM DDR4 4x8 GB 3200MHz + SSD Samsung 850 500 GB + Optical driver LG CD-DVD-BR SATA + Wi-Fi and BT PCIE card MQUPIN FENVI T919 BCM94360CD native support Mac OS + Power by Corsair RM650 - No grafic card, I use internal Intel UHD-630
- Upload EFI Clover, it is all perfect
- Upload EFI OpenCore, not work, three days testing but always the same mistake

I really hope you can help me
Thank you very much

Attachments

• EFI-Clover.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 51
  • EFI-OC.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hello pastrychef
I need your help for just config OpenCore in my hackintosh iMac 19,1
I have Gigabyte Z390-M (NO GAMING) + CPU Intel i5 9600K + Fan Coler Master Hyper 212 EVO + RAM DDR4 2x8 GB 3200MHz + SSD Samsung 850 500 GB + Optical driver LG CD-DVD-BR SATA + Wi-Fi and BT PCIE card MQUPIN FENVI T919 BCM94360CD supportata nativamente da Mac OS + Alimentatore Corsair RM650 - No grafic card, I use internal Intel UHD-630
- Upload EFI Clover, it is all perfect
- Upload EFI OpenCore, not work, three days testing but always the same mistake

I really hope you can help me
Thank you very much

You should fix NVRAM. Unlock MSR. Use SSDT-PMC.aml.

SSDT-390series.aml has GPU info in there. I suggest just using the "standard" SSDT-EC-USBX.
SSDT-5-A M I.aml for USB never worked for me. Using this method worked fine with Clover, but did not work with OpenCore. I suggest using USBPorts.kext.

In config.plist > DeviceProperties, you can do the connector patches for your IGPU/motherboard video out ports, but do not use it for DVMT prealloc. You can set the DVMT prealloc in BIOS.

@pastrychef If you agree, I would like to go for exclusion, I temporarily remove / disable all SSDT and focus on the IGPU / motherboard

@pastrychef If you agree, I would like to go for exclusion, I temporarily remove / disable all SSDT and focus on the IGPU / motherboard

Keep SSDT-EC and SSDT-PMC. You can delete the two SSDTs you currently have.

Remember to unlock MSR.

@pastrychef If I unlock MSR and not work OpenCore, can I restar with Clover?

Back