Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Man I'm using your EFI folder is the power table not included in that?
Thinking this card may be bad or something your is about 11K Higher than mine man!

getting between 46-47K

No, I do not include the Power Tables to the posted EFIs because (1) my tweaks may not work for everyone, (2) my tweaks can cause instability, and (3) not everyone is using a Radeon VII.

Were you using my EFI folder before updating?

Were you using OpenCore or Clover?

I'm using the clover
I installed the first time in version 10.15.3 using your EFI folders. After I installed I changed it or the serial as indicated.

First of all thanks for helping me, but for you what is the way to update?

I'm using the clover
I installed the first time in version 10.15.3 using your EFI folders. After I installed I changed it or the serial as indicated.

First of all thanks for helping me, but for you what is the way to update?

1. Download the latest Clover EFI from post #1.
  2. Copy your current Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your current config.plist and paste it to the config.plist of the new EFI.
  3. Replace your current EFI folder with the new EFI folder.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Go to System Preference > Software Update and begin the macOS update. Follow on screen instruction.
  6. Let update complete.
  7. Done.

So i have a weird problem, i used your EFI folder and the system is rock solid, the only thing that doesn't work is the mic input. Do you know which layout should be used for this board?

Ps.: Thanks for the awesome guide.

So i have a weird problem, i used your EFI folder and the system is rock solid, the only thing that doesn't work is the mic input. Do you know which layout should be used for this board?

Ps.: Thanks for the awesome guide.

I've never tried the mic input. You can try with different audio layout-ids.

You can find a list of the supported codecs in the link below:

Here I go for one more question, sorry, when you say to download the latest CLover EFI from post # 1. Are you referring to your files? Like "efi-clover-r5107-z390m-zip.456818”. Or do I have to go to the CLover EFI website and download?

Do you always update these folders? The latest version is always a bigger number, right?

Sorry to ask so much.
The part about getting the serials I understood

when you say to download the latest CLover EFI from post # 1. Are you referring to your files? Like "efi-clover-r5107-z390m-zip.456818”.

Yes.

Or do I have to go to the CLover EFI website and download?

No.

Do you always update these folders?

I try my best to keep the EFI folders up to date and compatible with the latest versions of macOS.

The latest version is always a bigger number, right?

Yes.

Worked perfectly. My first update, Thank you so much for helping, Unfortunately, I'm unemployed, but one day I'll pay you a coffee with paypal

I've never tried the mic input. You can try with different audio layout-ids.

You can find a list of the supported codecs in the link below:
OK, so after 20 or so reboots, the layout ID that has the least compromise is 18.
The rear green, orange and black jacks are equivalent outputs, which is nice to have.
The rear pink mic input works, but if you have something plugged into the front combo jack it switches to that(might not be a problem if you don't have combo jack).
Pictures included with the layout.

Cheers

Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 11.39.24.pngScreenshot 2020-04-13 at 11.39.08.png

Back