Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

You have to disable SIP and reboot before entering the Terminal command.

After entering the command, it will ask for your password.

Reboot afterwards and see if your RX 5700 XT is working.
I disabled SIP before entering the command

I got it working by making a EFI folder from scratch could there be something in your EFI folder that's interfering with the boot arguments ?

I got it working by making a EFI folder from scratch could there be something in your EFI folder that's interfering with the boot arguments ?

Nothing. The only thing that can interfere with the boot arguments are (1) Clover or (2) config.plist.

Thanks a lot for your effort with this guide pastrychef!

I had the same problem that lumax had, anything that I changed in config.plist was ignored but I found the problem.

In the 5105 EFI folder there are two config.plist files: the standard one in the Clover folder (this is the one I was trying to change), and another one in OEM>Z390 M GAMING-CF as shown below:

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 16.36.53.png

The second one is the one that the Cover uses. I don't know why lol. The 5104 version doesn't have this second one, but I couldn't test it because I got a "Couldn't allocate..." error. Probably because the 5104 uses AptioMemoryFix and the 5105 the OcQuirks.

I had the same problem that lumax had, anything that I changed in config.plist was ignored but I found the problem.

In the 5105 EFI folder there is two config.plist files, the standard one in the clover folder (this is the one I was trying to change) and another one in OEM>Z390 M GAMING-CF as shown below:

View attachment 456317

The second one is the one that the clover uses I don't know why lol. The 5104 version doesn't have this second one, but I couldn't test it because I got a "Couldn't allocate..." error, probably because the 5104 uses AptioMemoryFix and the 5105 the OcQuirks.

Ah!! Thanks for the heads up!! I'll fix it in the next hour...

In the 5105 EFI folder there are two config.plist files: the standard one in the Clover folder (this is the one I was trying to change), and another one in OEM>Z390 M GAMING-CF as shown below:

View attachment 456317

The second one is the one that the Cover uses. I don't know why lol. The 5104 version doesn't have this second one, but I couldn't test it because I got a "Couldn't allocate..." error. Probably because the 5104 uses AptioMemoryFix and the 5105 the OcQuirks.

Fixed. Thanks again for the heads up.

Fixed. Thanks again for the heads up.

Great, I'm making a new USB Stick with this new version, I'll test it soon.

Update: It works! :D. Taking a brief look in Clover Configurator, I noticed that this new version (5106) has the "KernelXCPM" enabled in the Kernel patches. Should I leave it on?

Thanks again for the effort!

Last edited:
Great, I'm making a new USB Stick with this new version, I'll test it soon.

Update: It works! :D. aking a brief look in Clover Configurator, I noticed that this new version (5106) has the "KernelXCPM" enabled in the Kernel patches. Should I leave it on?

Thanks again for the effort!

Oops. Forgot to disable KernelXCMP... :banghead:

It's not needed but leaving it enabled doesn't do any harm either.

BTW, the previous error of leaving settings in /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/ is how we can have a single USB flash drive for multiple hackintoshes. :headbang:

Hello friend, everything went well with the installation and solved all my problems, but I was worried about one thing,
the mac recognizes itself as an iMac pro, considering that i have an i5 9600 2.9ghz and only 16 gigs 2,666, it would not be more correct to put it as mac-mini. Macmini8.1
is there any topic that explains how to change the name of the mac ?, without me having to change the serial.

Or do I not have to worry about it?

When I have a system update can I do this directly on the mac?

Sorry so many questions I swear this is the last one

Thanks

Hello friend, everything went well with the installation and solved all my problems, but I was worried about one thing,
the mac recognizes itself as an iMac pro, considering that i have an i5 9600 2.9ghz and only 16 gigs 2,666, it would not be more correct to put it as mac-mini. Macmini8.1
is there any topic that explains how to change the name of the mac ?, without me having to change the serial.

Or do I not have to worry about it?

When I have a system update can I do this directly on the mac?

Sorry so many questions I swear this is the last one

Thanks

Do not use MacMini8,1. Real MacMini8,1s do not have discrete graphics.

Use imac19,1 or MacPro1,1. Please see post #3 of this thread for more information.

If/when you change system definition, I recommend that you change serial also.

Please see post #3 about updating.

Last edited:
Back