Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Thank you for your good work. I put together a new configuration , and you helped me a lot. Clover and OpenCore load well. But when loading from OC, iMovie and Final Cut pro don't work for me. The rest are good. When downloading from Clover, they work. I can 't find the reason. Maybe you had one of these? For me, OC is better.

Attachments

• отчеты системы.zip
    182.2 KB · Views: 45
  • iMac 19,1 Clover.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 58
  • IMac 19,1 OC.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 46
Thank you for your good work. I put together a new configuration , and you helped me a lot. Clover and OpenCore load well. But when loading from OC, iMovie and Final Cut pro don't work for me. The rest are good. When downloading from Clover, they work. I can 't find the reason. Maybe you had one of these? For me, OC is better.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 11.39.35 AM.png

Last edited:
hello pastrychef, recently i Convert from Clover to OpenCore, but i have a problem that it takes about 45 seconds to boot my macintosh, this is my efi and boot.log, look forward you replay

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • opencore-2020-03-24-165116.txt.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 49
hello pastrychef, recently i Convert from Clover to OpenCore, but i have a problem that it takes about 45 seconds to boot my macintosh, this is my efi and boot.log, look forward you replay

Try using my OpenCore EFI.

macOS 10.15.4 Update released.

Two restarts and ~25 minutes later...
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 2.34.33 PM.png

This was a long update and there will be long stretches where it appears nothing is happening.

Leave the system alone and let the update finish!

As per my usual modus operandi, I didn't bother doing any backups before doing the update other than the automatic Time Machine backups, but I don't recommend that for you guys because I don't want to take responsibility for any lost data.

Last edited:
Pastrychef, thank you for your time and contribution to the community.

This is my first hacktintosh and a first computer built by myself (maybe I've thrown myself into the deep-end here). The Z390m Gaming certainly has been frustrating. I've followed your instructions and updated the BIO. However, I cannot figure out how to get to the Grub prompt to unlock NVRAM. (Shamefully, I do not know what a Grub prompt is). Could you please share with me the steps to go into Grub prompt and change the CFG Lock?

Thank you again for your time.

Pastrychef, thank you for your time and contribution to the community.

This is my first hacktintosh and a first computer built by myself (maybe I've thrown myself into the deep-end here). The Z390m Gaming certainly has been frustrating. I've followed your instructions and updated the BIO. However, I cannot figure out how to get to the Grub prompt to unlock NVRAM. (Shamefully, I do not know what a Grub prompt is). Could you please share with me the steps to go into Grub prompt and change the CFG Lock?

Thank you again for your time.

Please see post #601.

macOS 10.15.4 Update released.

Two restarts and ~25 minutes later...
View attachment 456680
This was a long update and there will be long stretches where it appears nothing is happening.

Leave the system alone and let the update finish!

As per my usual modus operandi, I didn't bother doing any backups before doing the update other than the automatic Time Machine backups, but I don't recommend that for you guys because I don't want to take responsibility for any lost data.

Hi,

I built the system in my bio over the summer, and installed 10.15 on iMac 19,2; I didn't really have any problems with the install, beyond whatever the shutdown = reboot bug people seemed to have problems with. So far, everything runs fine as far as I can tell, but I haven't done any system updates.

Should I just update straight from system update and let it go?

I seem to remember discussion of people having problems with 10.15.2, and that put me off from risking it at the time, and then I basically forgot about it for several months.

Any idea what I should expect if I update?

Thanks!

Hi,

I built the system in my bio over the summer, and installed 10.15 on iMac 19,2; I didn't really have any problems with the install, beyond whatever the shutdown = reboot bug people seemed to have problems with. So far, everything runs fine as far as I can tell, but I haven't done any system updates.

Should I just update straight from system update and let it go?

I seem to remember discussion of people having problems with 10.15.2, and that put me off from risking it at the time, and then I basically forgot about it for several months.

Any idea what I should expect if I update?

Thanks!

You shouldn't have any problems shutting down. I don't...

Yeah, I just updated from System Preferences > Software Update.

10.15.2 wasn't a problem for me.

Not much to expect... Just update and expect 10.15.4 when done.

Capture d’écran 2020-03-24 à 22.46.20.png

Good for me, fast upgrade but I reinstall when macos a new upgrade (my brain haha)

Back