Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I don't know... I've been unlocking the MSR since way, way before the NVRAM fix was released. It's pretty easy to apply the MSR unlock, so I really don't see any reason not to do it.

Check Newegg... I see a Radeon VII for $550...

I agree. I don't buy Nvidia's sob story.

Sounds like your Z390 M Gaming is finally production ready. :clap:

All thanks to you man you are the BESTEST!!!!!

All thanks to you man you are the BESTEST!!!!!

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 9.21.00 PM.png

where do I add my boot arguments for open core I was gonna try it with you open core setup

config.plist > NVRAM > add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

At the Grub prompt, enter: setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0
Is there a video, how to do this, for people who have no idea how to do it? :)

At the Grub prompt, enter: setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x0
Is there a video, how to do this, for people who have no idea how to do it? :)

I don't know of any videos...

It's extremely straight forward... Just type in the text and press [ENTER]... Then reboot.

Hello, @pastrychef
I successfully launched Mojave 14.6, with your EFI Clover with MSR unlock (g9 bios). Thanks you.
My Sapphire RX580 pulse 8gb graphics card started up without problems. Her name in about about mac "???", but it works well.
My IGPU did not start as I have not done connectors framebuffer patching yet (I have not learned it yet).
I have a question for you.
My wi-fi / bluetooth PCI-Ex1, power in F_USB1 works well, but interferes with the computer’s sleep (Sleep Wake Cycling).
Wake reason: XDCI CNVW XHC.
I want to prevent F_USB1 from receiving power during sleep in order to wake the computer with the Power button, but I can not find your file "SSDT_USB.aml" to make adjustments. How can I do it?

Hello, @pastrychef
I successfully launched Mojave 14.6, with your EFI Clover with MSR unlock (g9 bios). Thanks you.
My Sapphire RX580 pulse 8gb graphics card started up without problems. Her name in about about mac "???", but it works well.
My IGPU did not start as I have not done connectors framebuffer patching yet (I have not learned it yet).
I have a question for you.
My wi-fi / bluetooth PCI-Ex1, power in F_USB1 works well, but interferes with the computer’s sleep (Sleep Wake Cycling).
Wake reason: XDCI CNVW XHC.
I want to prevent F_USB1 from receiving power during sleep in order to wake the computer with the Power button, but I can not find your file "SSDT_USB.aml" to make adjustments. How can I do it?

Not sure if this will fix it for you, but this is how you change the port from being "internal" to USB2.

1. Delete SSDT-6-A M I (with power injection) from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
  2. Add the attached USBPorts.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
  3. Right-click USBPorts.kext and select "Show Package Contents".
  4. Navigate to /Contents/Info.plist.
  5. Right-click on Info.plist and select "Open With" > Plist Edit Pro or Xcode.
  6. Navigate to Root > IOKitPersonalities > iMacPro1,1-XHC > IOProvideMergeProperties > Ports > HS10.
  7. Change USBConnector from 255 to 0.
  8. Save.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 52
Not sure if this will fix it for you, but this is how you change the port from being "internal" to USB2.
I did all the actions, this did not solve my problem. You were right.
Thanks for the help.
I returned everything as it was, and I will come up with some other way to solve it.

Well, I'm not sure what happened. I disconnected the HDMI cable and plugged it into my Xbox for a while. When I plugged it back into the 5700 XT, it wouldnt give a signal. Now it is back to locking up again after about 5 minutes or so. As far as I know, nothing has changed. I guess I'm gonna try to give the OpenCore stuff a go later on this evening.

Back