Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

All your ports are active because you have the following enabled:
View attachment 499247
macOS has a 15 port limit. Although it's possible to circumvent it (like you have done), it's not advised. It can cause unexpected behavior such as breaking sleep/wake.

You do not need the following to enable headless IGPU. Delete the following the just let macOS auto detect it.
View attachment 499248
Thank You so much Pastrychef. I’am afraid i didn’t quite catch what you habe wrote about USB: shoud I uncheck xhciportlimit and keep my ssdt file?

Thank You so much Pastrychef. I’am afraid i didn’t quite catch what you habe wrote about USB: shoud I uncheck xhciportlimit and keep my ssdt file?

Uncheck the XhciPortLimit and delete your SSDT. The USB ports kext brings the total port count down to 15.

Pastry, with your OpenCore EFI everything works fine, though I have 2 issues.

1. The Energy Saver Preference Pane is not as it should be...
Energy saver.png

2. AppleALC ID 18 doesn't work for me through the green jack (HDMI/DP sound works though).
I've tried ID 1, 2, 3 and others (and it worked), but the sound volume is very weak compare to my previous Skylake build...

Thank you for your advices!

Pastry, with your OpenCore EFI everything works fine, though I have 2 issues.

1. The Energy Saver Preference Pane is not as it should be...
View attachment 499260
2. AppleALC ID 18 doesn't work for me through the green jack (HDMI/DP sound works though).
I've tried ID 1, 2, 3 and others (and it worked), but the sound volume is very weak compare to my previous Skylake build...

Thank you for your advices!

Did you change the SSDT-PLUG? Please try with the one attached below.

Where are you setting the audio-id? DeviceProperties or NVRAM? Have you tried clearing NVRAM?

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG.aml
    693 bytes · Views: 37
I tried with the SSDT-PLUG from your EFI folder (14 064 bytes) and with the one I had from my Z170 (146 bytes only)... I will try with the attached one.

I set the audio-id both through Device Properties and through NVRAM (one at a time of course), and cleared NVRAM many times.

I set the audio-id both through Device Properties and through NVRAM (one at a time of course), and cleared NVRAM many times.

I don't know why it's not working for you. Those are the only ways I know how to set audio-id...

Back