Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Seems correct.
I have more or less solved my problem, by mounting the efi folder with efi agent, and clicking at the bottom of clover configurator it works, on the other hand if I open and click
Capture d'écran 2020-11-20 à 11.19.44 AM.png

No. That doesn't look right at all. This is what it looks like when I launch Hackintool. I'm using the same USB kext that's in the EFI folders in post #1.

View attachment 497309

I think I figured it out. I did a clear and refresh and now it looks right. I must have opened Hackintool before I had the USB patch in place at some point when working on my start from scratch open core EFI.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 4.44.51 AM.png

I have more or less solved my problem, by mounting the efi folder with efi agent, and clicking at the bottom of clover configurator it works, on the other hand if I open and click View attachment 497313
Same issue here, i used Agent EFI to mount the EFI.

Thanks. I will switch to Sapphire RX570 4GB GDDR5 NITRO+. Is it a good choice?
UPD
Bought this card. It's working OOB. All menus, especially in the control centre, are much smoother now.

Hi PC - For your SSDT-USBW.aml file, I think you have an extra "_" after XHC.

Nevermind, it looks like those get added in there after compiling....

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 4.45.43 PM.png

Last edited:
OpenCore should not affect your browsers, especially your Windows browsers. Something else is messing your system up.

The reason why you had issues with USB is because your motherboard is different. You will need to create your own USB ports kext for your motherboard and replace mine.

@pastrychef: Thanks for the help. I took some time to get through the guide and now it works without any issues. I will still have to look at some details like sleep and wake up.

BTW: The network SSL issue could be solved by rebooting my router.

@pastrychef: Thanks for the help. I took some time to get through the guide and now it works without any issues. I will still have to look at some details like sleep and wake up.

BTW: The network SSL issue could be solved by rebooting my router.

What sleep/wake issues are you having?

What SSL issues?

What sleep/wake issues are you having?

What SSL issues?

SSL was related to the issue with the failure, which Firefox on OSX and Windows did show. Not allowing me to access secure websites. So you were absolutely right in telling me that this was not related to OC.

When I let the computer go to sleep, I can not wake it up by pressing keys on my bluetooth Keyboard, I have to press a button on my mouse. After wake up, everything, including the Keyboard, is fine. Just takes about 30 seconds.

This is not an issue for now, better than with Clover. The bluetooth connect after wakeup was kind of random there. I will look for some troubleshooting guides for the fenvi FV-T919 card that I am using.

Additionally I have the impression that WIFI turned on does significantly reduce the network speed. I have CarbonCopyCloner working on a backup of ~350GB for 12 hours now (Transfer to my Synology NAS). Turning off the WIFI and going to 100% Ethernet, instead of Ethernet and Wifi connected, does increase the speed.

SSL was related to the issue with the failure, which Firefox on OSX and Windows did show. Not allowing me to access secure websites. So you were absolutely right in telling me that this was not related to OC.

When I let the computer go to sleep, I can not wake it up by pressing keys on my bluetooth Keyboard, I have to press a button on my mouse. After wake up, everything, including the Keyboard, is fine. Just takes about 30 seconds.

This is not an issue for now, better than with Clover. The bluetooth connect after wakeup was kind of random there. I will look for some troubleshooting guides for the fenvi FV-T919 card that I am using.

Additionally I have the impression that WIFI turned on does significantly reduce the network speed. I have CarbonCopyCloner working on a backup of ~350GB for 12 hours now (Transfer to my Synology NAS). Turning off the WIFI and going to 100% Ethernet, instead of Ethernet and Wifi connected, does increase the speed.

Double check your USB ports kext. Make sure that the port where your Bluetooth is connected is set to be USBconnector type = 255.

I updated my OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI folder on post #1 to include SSDT-USBW.aml and USBWakeFixup.kext. These two help with waking. I don't have a USB Keyboard connected to my system (I use an old PS/2 keyboard) but my system wakes with a single mouse click in about 9-10 seconds.

I don't know why leaving Wi-Fi enabled affects your ethernet speed... I have never seen this behavior. I get great speeds to my Synology-clone regardless if Wi-Fi is on or off.
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 6.10.41 AM.png

Back