Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Where did you find this BIOS mate? Can't see it on the Gigabyte website, can you share link?

Can I update without fear?

Can I update without fear?

As I stated, after I first updated, I got black screen when trying to get in to BIOS. I had to connect my system to my TV to be able to see the BIOS screen. After configuring my BIOS settings, I am now able to see BIOS screen with my monitor. I don't know if everyone will experience this black screen.

As I stated, after I first updated, I got black screen when trying to get in to BIOS. I had to connect my system to my TV to be able to see the BIOS screen. After configuring my BIOS settings, I am now able to see BIOS screen with my monitor. I don't know if everyone will experience this black screen.
Apart from what happened to you, are the other functions occurring normal?
Can I use Gigabyte's @BIOS to update?

It has been working great for me. I've even gone from running my CPU at 5.0GHz to 5.1GHz since updating.

Yes. Use the Q-Flash function in BIOS to update.

Following pastrychef's lead, I flashed my BIOS on my Z390 Gaming X to the beta F10g. I like having the CFG lock option in the BIOS now, and the fact that it doesn't revert to French is also nice.

I was reading guides on how to flash the BIOS, and people recommend to use the Q-Flash, not the @BIOS utility, to update. The one guide I was reading said that the chance of bricking the system is higher with @BIOS. The Q-Flash is easy enough. Just copy the BIOS file onto a flash drive, and you should be all set.

Hey guys I'm back!
I've had a USB problem after setting up my system that would show my external hard drives as internal disks and would randomly disconnect them. After some research, I found this SSDT-USBX.aml that fixed the problem partially, now drives appear as external and all the bus-powered drives are working normally, but the Lacie Powered External drive keeps disconnecting randomly still and if I re-connect it won't show, only if I reboot the machine it will appear, I haven't changed anything on my config.plist or erased any other files, just copied SSDT-USBX.aml the file onto the specified folder, any guesses on how to work this out?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 50
Hey guys I'm back!
I've had a USB problem after setting up my system that would show my external hard drives as internal disks and would randomly disconnect them. After some research, I found this SSDT-USBX.aml that fixed the problem partially, now drives appear as external and all the bus-powered drives are working normally, but the Lacie Powered External drive keeps disconnecting randomly still and if I re-connect it won't show, only if I reboot the machine it will appear, I haven't changed anything on my config.plist or erased any other files, just copied SSDT-USBX.aml the file onto the specified folder, any guesses on how to work this out?

Hmm... Not sure why that SSDT makes any difference. It's just injecting USB power properties which is also being done by the USB ports kext.

Hmm... Not sure why that SSDT makes any difference. It's just injecting USB power properties which is also being done by the USB ports kext.
I've tried with and without it and with it works as I said but without some drives don't show and also some show as internal drives.

Back