Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Thank u for sharing, everything works great with opencore 0.5.9. Find a mistake in your thread, Navi card should add "agdpmod=pikera", not "agdp=pikera". My 5700XT could cause blackscreen without "agdpmod=pikera".

PS:
meet the same situation as "Waking from sleep requires multiple mouse clicks/key presses."
the first click wakeup the mac, several seconds later, the second click wakeup the screen.

Thank u for sharing, everything works great with opencore 0.5.9. Find a mistake in your thread, Navi card should add "agdpmod=pikera", not "agdp=pikera". My 5700XT could cause blackscreen without "agdpmod=pikera".

PS:
meet the same situation as "Waking from sleep requires multiple mouse clicks/key presses."
the first click wakeup the mac, several seconds later, the second click wakeup the screen.

Where's the type? Post #1?

Edit:
Nevermind. Found it. Thanks.

PS: meet the same situation as "Waking from sleep requires multiple mouse clicks/key presses."
@dmdacc, please try darkwake=0 boot argument, it solves the need for multiple mouse clicks/key presses for me...
Please, tell me if it works for you.

@dmdacc, please try darkwake=0 boot argument, it solves the need for multiple mouse clicks/key presses for me...
Please, tell me if it works for you.

Holy smokes! darkwake=0 works!

I've been living with the multiple mouse clicks to wake for months. Lol

Thanks for the heads up!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Holy smokes! darkwake=0 works!

I've been living with the multiple mouse clicks to wake for months. Lol

Thanks for the heads up!!! :thumbup:
I also tried darkwake=0 and it does wake with a single click but no unlock with Apple Watch. Used darkwake=10 and it wakes with a single click and unlock with Apple Watch working normally :clap:

I also tried darkwake=0 and it does wake with a single click but no unlock with Apple Watch. Used darkwake=10 and it wakes with a single click and unlock with Apple Watch working normally :clap:

Awesome! Thanks! I'll switch!

After having been on BIOS F9k Beta for several days now, I can safely say it's working great on my system. Everything is as stable as it had been on F9g.

Regarding enabling NVRAM. I just installed the F9k firmware. The CFG Lock option in the bios shows as Disabled. Is that the setting I want? That seemed to have been the default.

Regarding enabling NVRAM. I just installed the F9k firmware. The CFG Lock option in the bios shows as Disabled. Is that the setting I want? That seemed to have been the default.

Correct. Make sure it is set to disabled.

I just tested darkwake=10 and it required two mouse clicks to wake the monitor... I'll go back to darkwake=0 since I don't have an Apple Watch anyway.

Back