Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Oh!!

Please try going to config.plist > DeviceProperties > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) > layout-id and change the value from 18 to 20.

Hello again! I noticed that the front USB does not work. I have 2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 in front. Both do not work. Please advise what to undertake

Hello again! I noticed that the front USB does not work. I have 2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 in front. Both do not work. Please advise what to undertake

The USBPorts kext in my EFI has already hit the 15 port limit allowed by macOS. In face, I had to sacrifice USB2 support on the USB3.1 ports. I have not enabled the USB2 headers that your case is connected to. The USB3 ports on your case should be working.

If you want to enable the USB2 ports, you can disable USB2 compatibility on two USB3 ports and reassign it to your front USB2 ports.

Last edited:
I tested update, I block on logo Apple haha
With -v, I not see why, block in after
"*****************************"

I have no idea... I've never seen that...

Scratch not work too,
Video :

That's a row of pluses, not a row of asterisks...

Usually, this means that the Aptio fix is not working and/or NVRAM is not working.

Try with different Aptio fixes and confirm that NVRAM is working.

Also, make sure your copy of macOS is good.

Last edited:
The USBPorts kext in my EFI has already hit the 15 port limit allowed by macOS. In face, I had to sacrifice USB2 support on the USB3.1 ports. I have not enabled the USB2 headers that your case is connected to. The USB3 ports on your case should be working.

If you want to enable the USB2 ports, you can disable USB2 compatibility on two USB3 ports and reassign it to your front USB2 ports.

please tell how to do it

please tell how to do it

Please see the following guide on how to configure your USB.

@joobuzz,

According to Apples own system requirements page FCPX needs a Metal Capable graphics GPU :-

Which the UHD 630 IGPU does support and if you dig a bit deeper into the specs by following the links it lists the 2012 MacBook Air as being FCPX compatible which only has a IGPU.

I suspect your issue is caused by you using a SMBIOS that expects a AMD GPU in the system. ....

You don't state which SMBIOS you are using but I would guess it is either iMac19,X or iMacPro1,1 which are both optimised for a AMD dGPU to be the primary graphics system ...

Also note that the iMac19,X SMBIOS expects the IGPU to be configured as Headless.

You could try switching to the iMac18,1 SMBIOS which was the last iMac to only use a IGPU for the primary graphics system. If you do decide to try the iMac18,1 SMBIOS then be sure to generate a new S/N, MLB, ROM .. etc, and before you start I recommend that you fully backup your system including the EFI just in case you decide to rollback to your current config. You may also need to spoof the CPU and IGPU as the iMac18,1 uses a Kaby lake CPU.

Alternatively you could add a AMD GPU to your current configuration.

Cheers
Jay

I caved and bought an RX580 (Sapphire Pulse)!!...good 12 month interest free deal on Amazon.

Installed, deleted the PCIroot line in the config list, and all is good, no more FCPX crashes so far!

Initially Sidecar didn't work (I'm on iMac19,1), but changed IGPU from Auto to Enabled in BIOS and all working now (my wake/sleep issues are now gone as well).

I am so indebted to @pastrychef, @jaymonkey and @UtterDisbelief for their help. I love this build, it works amazingly and hopefully will keep me going until I cave again and buy my first Apple Silicon machine!!! I think I'll get a good 5-7 years out of this machine though.

Thanks everyone...turning it off now as there's a thunderstorm brewing in Edinburgh just now!

Back