Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Please help me out to make my system in hackintosh.
i have Gigabyte z390m gaming, sapphire rx590 gold edition, i7 9700, 32GB ram, 600 watt PSU.
i try to make bootable usb. but i cant. i need "EFI" file to put in my bootable usb to the installation. please help me. thanks.

Please read post #1.

This board is the most difficult one I’ve ever built on! Your directions are excellent and I have a working system that does seem quite stable, but getting more than one stick of ram on it is making my hair gray! I started with 2x8 crucial ballistix and found the B2 slot worked for one. Other combinations went into repeated reboot without getting to bios. I tried 2x16 OLOy 3200 and that also had the same restart loop. I’ve tried with xmp, with voltage increase, with speed decrease and I don’t seem to be getting anywhere. Maybe I just got a bum board... any tips? Oh, and I tried going back to F8 bios since F9g makes a mention about ram and voltages, but that failed the same way.

This board is the most difficult one I’ve ever built on! Your directions are excellent and I have a working system that does seem quite stable, but getting more than one stick of ram on it is making my hair gray! I started with 2x8 crucial ballistix and found the B2 slot worked for one. Other combinations went into repeated reboot without getting to bios. I tried 2x16 OLOy 3200 and that also had the same restart loop. I’ve tried with xmp, with voltage increase, with speed decrease and I don’t seem to be getting anywhere. Maybe I just got a bum board... any tips? Oh, and I tried going back to F8 bios since F9g makes a mention about ram and voltages, but that failed the same way.

Hmm... I have four sticks of Oloy 16GB 3200MHz RAM running on my motherboard without issue. It may very well be a bad motherboard. Does the motherboard+RAM run with XMP disabled?

Hmm... I have four sticks of Oloy 16GB 3200MHz RAM running on my motherboard without issue. It may very well be a bad motherboard. Does the motherboard+RAM run with XMP disabled?
Yes it does, but still just 1 stick... guess I’ll try to RMA it and go shopping for an ASUS board...

Hi, I read your post, and I would like to use your advice for my build.
I would like to have your opinion about my configuration. Can I follow this thread with this configuration?

Case: Thermaltake core v21

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600KF (is the one without GPU. is this OK? Or maybe is better the I5-9600K with iGPU? There is a difference of 20€)

Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING

RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX or this other type that has 3200MHz: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit

I know that the RAM in the Buyer's guide are different but now are too expensive for me. I checked Gigabyte website and this RAM are in the list of supported RAM of the motherboard. What do you think?

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC (Is this OK?)

CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports One

PSU: Sharkoon WPM Gold Zero 550W, 80 Plus Gold (I've already bought)

SSD: two different SSD for installing Windows and OSX. (I would like to have an advice about the best but also cheapest.)

What do you think? I would like to install Catalina and use SideCar. Thank you for your answer. :)

Hi, I read your post, and I would like to use your advice for my build.
I would like to have your opinion about my configuration. Can I follow this thread with this configuration?

Case: Thermaltake core v21

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600KF (is the one without GPU. is this OK? Or maybe is better the I5-9600K with iGPU? There is a difference of 20€)

Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING

RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX or this other type that has 3200MHz: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit

I know that the RAM in the Buyer's guide are different but now are too expensive for me. I checked Gigabyte website and this RAM are in the list of supported RAM of the motherboard. What do you think?

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC (Is this OK?)

CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports One

PSU: Sharkoon WPM Gold Zero 550W, 80 Plus Gold (I've already bought)

SSD: two different SSD for installing Windows and OSX. (I would like to have an advice about the best but also cheapest.)

What do you think? I would like to install Catalina and use SideCar. Thank you for your answer. :)

If you want Sidecar, you should choose a non-"F" CPU. Sidecar will require IGPU.

I have an HP EX920 NVMe SSD that has been working very well.

Everything else should be fine.

I just found a new Metal benchmark app called BasemarkGPU.

What kinds of scores do you guys get?

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.15.06 AM.png

I just found a new Metal benchmark app called BasemarkGPU.

What kinds of scores do you guys get?
Wish it was as good as yours :mrgreen: - score 3400 ish

Hey @pastrychef, you helped me on this thread a bit ago with the upgrade to Catalina and a new EFI folder. Ever since the update I have had a few issues that I've been trying to work through but have exhausted my knowledge on. They weren't a problem before the Catalina update and I was wondering if you have seen them before. These occurred on 1.15.4 and are also occurring on the latest 1.15.5 Beta.

First is with wakeup. Any time I let the computer sleep, it will crash with the attached report.

Second is with development. I get an insane flashing red screen when doing graphics work. The result (seizure warning) is here. I was able to reproduce this on a fresh install of Mac with the following steps.
Install Homebrew
Install GoLang: brew install go
Open the code zip: pulled from here: https://github.com/go-gl/glfw#usage
go run main.go (will take a few seconds to start)

Last (and I hope related to issue 1 or 2) when streaming (so far only in Discord) and playing any game, the computer will freeze, but audio will keep coming through just fine. For example I can speak to people in Discord and do so for at least a few minutes before the whole computer stops. In the Console app's Spin Logs, the window server seems to be the culprit, however I do not have a copy of one of them saved.

This is obviously a huge ask, so if you haven't seen these before then no need to waste your time, but if you have seen anything like them before then any help or advice you can offer is appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 52
  • crash-report-2020-05-03.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 61
  • code.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 40
Back