Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

MMh okey but you are 33 MB of memory haha
yeah but anytime before I have had that card in there it just failed to boot all the way. like even a day or 2 ago. I have rebooted it a dozen times and it works every time. limited to 30fps but still
crazy.

yeah but anytime before I have had that card in there it just failed to boot all the way. like even a day or 2 ago. I have rebooted it a dozen times and it works every time. limited to 30fps but still
crazy.

You can test but... ahah :
• On terminal :
sudo mount -uw /
• Download : Webdriver All Versions.app.zip
• Run “WebDriver All Versions” and click on Reinstall driver
• When the operation is complete, quit the WebDriver All Versions application and open it again.
• Click on Existing Webdriver Patching.
• On terminal :
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
sudo chown -R root: wheel /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && sudo kextcache -u
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
• Restart your computer.
• Download and install the latest CUDA drivers

Last edited:
@pastrychef Dude do you know how this is even possible? I have 10.15.4 booted up with a RTX 2080 Super installed!!!! This shouldn't work it has never worked before. Had the card in doing some testing in Windows, and I forgot to take out out this morning when booted up in to macOS. I'm sitting here typing this on a 4K display connected to the RTX 2080 Super!!!! Was some kinda of base driver added int he last update? It just shows as "Display 33mb".

Yeah, it's possible. You just won't have any acceleration at all.

Don't waste your time with the web drivers. There's no Metal 2 support in them.

Yeah, it's possible. You just won't have any acceleration at all.

Don't waste your time with the web drivers. There's no Metal 2 support in them.

Would there be an iota of possibility that NVIDIA might be supported again? Judging by the huge contest the two big boys have over who is king again.

Would there be an iota of possibility that NVIDIA might be supported again? Judging by the huge contest the two big boys have over who is king again.

We can only speculate on that, but my guess is no chance in hell.

We can only speculate on that, but my guess is no chance in hell.
Sad to hear that.. Aside from those cards, imo can I have your opinion on gaming on this build? Would a VII work best overall or Vega/Navi series stand a chance as being one of the best optimised?

Sad to hear that.. Aside from those cards, imo can I have your opinion on gaming on this build? Would a VII work best overall or Vega/Navi series stand a chance as being one of the best optimised?

Generally speaking, when gaming in Windows, the 5700 XT performs extremely closely to the Radeon VII at 1080p and 1440p. Typically, the Radeon VII will pull ahead of the 5700 XT at 4K.

The Vega cards will be slower than the Navi and Radeon VII cards.

changed it but still wakes up :(

What sleep issues are you having? It doesn't go to sleep? It instantly wakes? Kernel panic on wake? Doesn't wake up?

Back