Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Skylake Build (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 530 + GTX 980
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thread for a Skylake Hackintosh Build:
Specs:
Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Mobo
i7 6700K
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980 OC
800W BeQuiet Power Supply
NXZT S340 Elite Case (white)
NOCTUA NH-L9x65 (cooler)
Crucial BX 500 SSD (Windows)
Samsung EVO 750 SSD (OSX)
Crucial Ballistic Sport 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Ram.
Wifi/bluetooth: Broadcom bcm94352z + M.2 NGFF PCIe Adapter (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B016RU3T6S/?tag=tonymacx8603-21)

PreRequirements:
  • Min. 8GB USB Stick
  • Unibeast
  • Multibeats
  • Kext Beast
  • A Mac or a Hackintosh
  • Toleda ALC Audio Patch
  • (If you're using 4K or 2K screens with a Dedicated Graphics Card a pixel clock patch)
  • A "Legal" copy of OS X 10.11
  • Nvidia Web Driver
  • (Clover Configurator)
Bios Settings:
- minimum F5a (beta) bios as F4 did not pick up DDR4 XMP profile, now tested and running on F21
- do a burn in test of the memory first as it seems from Amazon reviews that some of the DDR4 sticks have a higher initial failure rates; not related to this board or Sierra install, but wasted a day to find that large files were not being read properly, but small files worked fine
- Use Profile1 for Memory XMP
- Disable Intel VT-D
- Disable CSM Support
- Disable serial port
- Enable XHCI Hand-Off
- UEFI boot only (have Sierra and Windows 10 Anniversary installed successfully)
- Set Integrated Graphics allocated memory to 96Mb (less than this causes kernel panic if using onboard HD530; no need to adjust max)

PreInstall:
- Head to your existing Mac, or Hackintosh and Launch Disk Utility. Format your USB Drive 1 Partition OS X JOURNALED GUID
- Then launch Unibeast. For Boot choose UEFI and create the Install Media.
- Create a folder on the Install Media (do not do this in the EFI Labeled partition) and move Multicast, clover configurator, the DSDT's, Nvidia WebDrivers, Kextbeast and the Kexts in it
- Unplug the Usb drive and Insert it to your machine where you want to install OSX.

Install:
- Boot from your USB Stick
- In clover, choose Boot from "YourMediaName"
- When booted up, choose Utilities and launch Disk Utility, then format you HDD or SDD.
- Quit Disk Utility and proceed install.

Post Install:
- Boot from your USB Stick
- Finish the postInstall configuration steps (User Account, etc)
- Head to the folder you previously created, and Launch Multibeast
- In Quick Start Choose UEFI Boot Mode
- In Drivers:
  • For Audio ALC892
  • For Network (LAN) IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d3
- In Booloaders Clover ... UEFI Boot Mode (should already be chosen)
- In Customized
  • Set the Mac Pro 5,1 in System Definitions (only if your planning to use a dedicated Graphics Card, if not set iMac 17,1)
- If you're planning to use with integrated Graphics, then choose in Customized Intel HD 530
- Click Build.
- Close Multibeast (you don't need to restart yet.

- copy the Kexts from your Folder on the USB Stick to the Desktop and Launch Kextbeast.
- choose for instal path /Library/Extensions
- Install and quit Kextbeast.

- Open the Nvidia WebDriver Install .pkg
- install and quit and reboot
  • Enter BIOS settings and set your HDD or SSD where OS X is installed as Main Boot device.

- After Booting up open Clover Configurator and mount the EFI Partition of your Hard drive.
- Go to your EFI Partition and head to /EFI/Clover
- Open the config.plist with Clover Configurator
- in Acpi
  • FixHDA
  • NVidia (if using Graphics card)
- in Boot
  • nvda_drv=1 (if using Graphics card)
  • kext-dev-mode=1
  • rootless=0
- in SMBIOS

• open up terminal and execute the command "uuidgen". Then paste it into the SmUUID field
  • add your memory (you have to fill every textfield, if not clover won't save it)

- In Rt Variables set CrsActiveConfig to 0x67 (SIP disabled)

- Copy your SSDT files from your USB Drive Folder to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

- Save and close the config.plist file, then reboot.
- Open toledas AudioALC patch command and confirm your ALC (892)
- YES TO EVERYTHING
- Close Terminal and reboot.

- Apply pixel clock patch if output not higher than 1080P on 2K or 4K screen

Now you should have a working hackintosh build.

What Works:
- CPU
- Graphics
- Audio
- Network
- Wifi/Bluetooth

What doesn't work:
- USB 3.0 ports are flimsy (they tend to not work, but sometimes do.)

Attachments

• Spec.png
    Spec.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 804
  • Intel.png
    Intel.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 785
  • config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 611
  • patched.zip
    3 KB · Views: 398
  • Kext Desktop.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 409
Hi, and thanks for Guide and files.
Just asking about Thunderbolt, did you tried?

Thank you!

What is “toledas AudioALC patch”? I have the same motherboard, and processor, just running a GTX 1050 Ti instead. I was able to get audio about a year ago on the same build for El Capitan, but now trying to do a fresh install of Sierra on another hard drive I am unable to get the audio working.

Use this attached SSDT in clover/ACPI/patched and this bootflag in clover boot menu uia_exclude=HS11;HS12;HS14;HS13 to fix USB 3.0? That excludes the 2 usb 2 ports on the rear and one usb2 extension plug on the motherboard - the one nearest the SATA ports. Make sure you using usbinjectall.kext obviously...

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 17.58.50.png

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.aml.zip
    411 bytes · Views: 202
one question. Can I use the above SSDT-USB.aml with high Sierra 10.13.4?
Do I have to rename anything on Clover Configurator Acpi?

Last edited:
Use this attached SSDT in clover/ACPI/patched and this bootflag in clover boot menu uia_exclude=HS11;HS12;HS14;HS13 to fix USB 3.0? That excludes the 2 usb 2 ports on the rear and one usb2 extension plug on the motherboard - the one nearest the SATA ports. Make sure you using usbinjectall.kext obviously...

View attachment 289856

hello ovb1, can i use your usb ssdt without excluding those usb 2 ports? i have Bluetooth on this usb 2 mobo port near the sata ports and also using rear usb2 ports for davinci key and soundcard, but why youre excluding 4 ports? which is which please? could you please help me figuring it out? thank you very much... and one more question, youre on what osx version? thanks

hello ovb1, can i use your usb ssdt without excluding those usb 2 ports? i have Bluetooth on this usb 2 mobo port near the sata ports and also using rear usb2 ports for davinci key and soundcard, but why youre excluding 4 ports? which is which please? could you please help me figuring it out? thank you very much... and one more question, youre on what osx version? thanks

You can use my SSDT and change which ports you exclude in the clover boot menu? I exclude the ports to bring my USB port number below the 15 port limit. You can just exclude different ports to meet your needs.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back