Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Intel 530 (onboard)
Just wondering. I've by now got my gigabyte z170x ud5 TH (i7, 16gb ballistics ram, internal graphics) up and running. Well almost, some minor usb niggles, but it is usable. The catch is that my boot sequence is not stable. Before, I got a flickr around 75% of boot, followed by weird layered apple logos and the login screen after that. However, hooking up some usb devices, I have a little more trouble. The rig starts and boots normal till about 75%. At this stage, I still get the flicker followed by the weird logo. However, this then quickly turns into a screen with white noise (static, like a television without reception). From here, the computer boots to login about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, the screen turns black and I get a message from my monitor that there is no input signal. After this, the pc can be heard active, but the screen remains dead. Any suggestions?

My rig occasionally boots to a black screen. I then reboot via VNC on my iPad(the computer is fine, it's just not outputting to my Dell) . But this is rare.
Every once in a while, my Logitech kbd (USB cable to ancient USB hub) isn't found and needs a replug.
I also had this behaviour with my old Hack. Get used to it, if tweaked properly your Hack will get work done, but it will never be as slick as the real thing.

I have a 980ti, but had some trouble like this. Not sure if this applies to you, but you can check out these two things:

• ExtremeTek video about Hackintosh install - At end shows what you can do about system not reading GPU - Again may not be for you, but he does have the same mobo and cpu.

• MultiBeast updated info (as of i think May or something) This just fixed my usb, and it has something about using the HD 530 check box. http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-multibeast-setup-for-skylake-systems-10-11-4.192295/

Hope it helps! I, myself, am having issues with getting my sound option at all, and my imssage is oddly here and there. I'll post in another place, but any immediate ideas to help me on this would be appreciated (hope this isn't against rules to ask here.)

My rig occasionally boots to a black screen. I then reboot via VNC on my iPad(the computer is fine, it's just not outputting to my Dell) . But this is rare.
Every once in a while, my Logitech kbd (USB cable to ancient USB hub) isn't found and needs a replug.
I also had this behaviour with my old Hack. Get used to it, if tweaked properly your Hack will get work done, but it will never be as slick as the real thing.
Never expected it to be as smooth as a real mac, just more modular and easy to upgrade. This is the third hackintosh I've done, my previous two builds had niggles too, but eventually, I managed to sort them out. I've recently rebuilt one of my previous rigs and after I stuck the old ssd and components in it, it booted like it always had. Anyway, we're all just tinkering, so I'm hopeful someone someone else with similar components and niggles has a solution. Alternatively, I'll post mine if I figure it out myself.

I have a 980ti, but had some trouble like this. Not sure if this applies to you, but you can check out these two things:

• ExtremeTek video about Hackintosh install - At end shows what you can do about system not reading GPU - Again may not be for you, but he does have the same mobo and cpu.

• MultiBeast updated info (as of i think May or something) This just fixed my usb, and it has something about using the HD 530 check box. http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-multibeast-setup-for-skylake-systems-10-11-4.192295/

Hope it helps! I, myself, am having issues with getting my sound option at all, and my imssage is oddly here and there. I'll post in another place, but any immediate ideas to help me on this would be appreciated (hope this isn't against rules to ask here.)

Did not change anything else, so I think for me the latest multibeast actually causes the static screen. Sound works though. I don't use my rig for gaming and hardly ever use audio on it. However, I've tested and all sound in and outs are listed in the system report and the ones I tested work. If you want, I can check the spdif optical out, but I image it works too. Not running a dedicated gpu at the moment, but considering a 970 G1 if I need it to power a higher resolution display I intend to get in the near future.

Just had a quick look. All seems normal on audio. Hooked my active speakers up via the spdif and digital audio works fine too. Oddly, I do get more detail through analog so all may not be as peachy as it seems. I run a set of avi adm9t active reference speakers on dedicated cables and a separate isolated power source so any interference is caused by the computer outputs. Happy to do some more dedicated testing if you want me to, otherwise I'll just leave it at this. Have a nice weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back