Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have managed to get a OC 0.5.8 boot up and running for MSI X299 SLI plus. Metal (geekbench 5.0) benchmarks are 17.5% higher!

Morning importantly.......TB3 Titan Ridge card works now on first boot. (no second boot required now to get TB audio running)

Just need to sort out the DSDT now.

Last edited:
Hello Guys!
Im a new Gigabyte X299X Aorus Master user.
I have bought it from Amazon ES days ago to replace my Asus X299 Prime Deluxe II.
Why I have replaced it to X299X? because I have several audio problems with my MSI AMD Radeon VII and my Antelope Zen Tour Audio interface.
When I plug it , Antelope Zen Tour had audio glitches and finally disconnects, causing me to power it off and reconnect the usb cable....
I don't know where I have read that VII and Asus Prime Deluxe II have problem when working together.
So my main objetive was to get a system completely stable.

Now, I have the X299X Aorus Master with my i9 9960X , 64 Gb RAM , 1 TB NVME, 500 GB NMVE and 6 HDD in SoftRAID in Disk Utility.
Mobo have Bios F3C and I have used the @kgp Gigabyte configuration.

I have read a lot of times the post of @dolgarrenan .

The main problem that I have at this point is that I can't access to clover boot loader.

When I enter into the USB, 3-4-5 seconds after, system restarts and BIOS restore to default all the configurations...

I have tried with your clover folder, my older clover folder from X299 Mojave, and same result.

What can I do to just enter into clover without system restarts?
i have used the config.plist (and folder) from your post but still restarting and getting the "boot failure detected" error.

I have some questions also about.

-Can I just reuse my Mojave installation in this X299X or is 100% necessary to use Catalina?

-I have bought the Programmer to Amazon ES. tomorrow I will get it at home. I have the GC Titan Ridge Card.
So i will flash it to test :)

Thanks you so much for the help guys!!

EDIT 1 : @dolgarrenan its there any special configuration for Bios?? I can't just use the config file because its other mobo.

Last edited:
@srmusico
The Bios reset can come from different source including hardware. I had that particular issue when I started my GA config. I changed everything including CMOS battery. The pb/solution was one stick of ram being defective. Try to boot with only 1 stick and retest. Just my two cent. you can also tried another USB port (2.0 if possible )

Nothing custom, everything from post 1. But I don't using any additional SSDTs, as my WS is very stable and I prefer to wait until "final" EFI.

Does the OS work in Raid0 mode on the Mac? Are you using two OSs, Windows and Mac? How do I set it up? Could you post the method? What version of BIOS are you currently using?

hey did you solve all your problem i was thinking to switch to x299x from Z390
also thinking to get this aorus master use to gigabyte now ;]

I haven't solved the bios problem of using two OSs yet. It is normally used when certain USB storage is connected. I don't think it's perfect yet.

Can you try to organise your thoughts more precisely?
Are you talking about the Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G + Intel Core i9 10900X?

i just got x299x gigabyte master i9 10900x
So the previous message was about such board or another?

Ok. So you said you have these:

- ethernet is not working.
Which one of the two? The Aquantia 5G is not working?

- VPN not working
Virtual Private Network?

- wifi working
WiFi 6 is working or you talking about a native card?

- strange processor in info show it's 10 cores but 1.9ghz
Irrelevant

side car not working
- Sidecar needs a native module plus you need a Non T2 SMBIOS

bluetooth shows up but not working
- Which bluetooth? Native or integrated in motherboard?

Ok. So you said you have these:

- ethernet is not working.
Which one of the two? The Aquantia 5G is not working?

- VPN not working
Virtual Private Network?

- wifi working
WiFi 6 is working or you talking about a native card?

- strange processor in info show it's 10 cores but 1.9ghz
Irrelevant

side car not working
- Sidecar needs a native module plus you need a Non T2 SMBIOS

bluetooth shows up but not working
- Which bluetooth? Native or integrated in motherboard?
Processor in info show it's 10 cores but 1.9ghz : may be if CPU Flex Ratio Override is enabled in bios

I have a lot of questions, but I haven't seen you for a long time. I upgraded Thunderbolt firmware to X299X Designare 10G according to the guide. I followed the CaseySJ link and used the firmware for Z390 Designare and the corresponding SSDT.However, Thunderboltport via Displayport for monitors will not work after the upgrade. I was using this by connecting it to the graphics card display port # 1-> M / B display port # 1-> Thunderboltport # 1-> monitor Thunderboltport. Is there a way to solve it?

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-05-09-01-52-59.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-05-09-01-52-59.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 61
  • KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-05-09-01-53-08.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-05-09-01-53-08.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 77
  • KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-05-09-01-53-11.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-05-09-01-53-11.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.