Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would board would you use as an entry level X299?
Hi zzmadd, a good entry level tip is the MSI X299 Pro (https://de.msi.com/Motherboard/X299-PRO), you only have to use a patched UEFI (I have it, if you need). I have got it nearly perfect with an RX 580 and 590, and a flashed Alpine Ridge TB Card (1000 thanks to scottkendall). Tested with 9960X, 10900X, 9940X.

@oli.mathieu
I have tested a 10900X successfully with the above mentioned MSI X299 Pro and the Asus Prime X299 A-II, both with the magic of Loloflatsix and UEFIpatch. Not much more complicated than the previous X299´s.

RTC0: Finally an ACPI table to avoid using DSDT HotPatch! Tested on Designare 10G and possibly on ASRock X299 Creator too.

Hi @dolgarrenan, I'd like to test this on my x299 creator, Path looks to be _SB.PC00.LPC0 on this board. Do you know how I can confirm if its working? Is there anything in ioreg that would show correct RTC behavior, or would this just help booting without running patches. (I do still notice odd things on my build that feel like "clock" related items) so curious if this would help multithreading/TSCadjust be more "in time" with each other.

thanks for sharing all your work!

@oli.mathieu
I have tested a 10900X successfully with the above mentioned MSI X299 Pro and the Asus Prime X299 A-II, both with the magic of Loloflatsix and UEFIpatch. Not much more complicated than the previous X299´s.
Yes Loloflatsix is helping me, but we didn't succeed.
Thanks for sharing your info

Hi @dolgarrenan, I'd like to test this on my x299 creator, Path looks to be _SB.PC00.LPC0 on this board. Do you know how I can confirm if its working? Is there anything in ioreg that would show correct RTC behavior, or would this just help booting without running patches. (I do still notice odd things on my build that feel like "clock" related items) so curious if this would help multithreading/TSCadjust be more "in time" with each other.

thanks for sharing all your work!
You would have to see that in your DSDT, the way try if this works is by removing hot patch and placing the SSDT in your EFI folder, if system boots then you are set.

Have you set TSCAdjust .plist to your core count -1? that is a needed step, what bootloader are you on?

Have you set TSCAdjust .plist to your core count -1? that is a needed step, what bootloader are you on?

I have it set to thread count = 23, should it be core count? OC 0.5.7. Most everything working pretty good, just trying to get VII performance a little better, and confirm SMBUS/MCHC/THSS/HEPT all working correctly

I have it set to thread count = 23, should it be core count? OC 0.5.7. Most everything working pretty good, just trying to get VII performance a little better, and confirm SMBUS/MCHC/THSS/HEPT all working correctly
Thread count is good, that's what I actually meant. You can check various devices like SMBUS in ioreg, check if the device is loading the tree. With the SSDT from post 1 you should be good to go. HPET should be loading, at least it is for me, THSS is a no go so far on DSG10G.

Thank you for your effort for X299X Designare 10G. It's very difficult for me, but I'm following the guide. Clover is being used for build. After setting the Disable Block side = Enable, it was possible to install, but when booting, it encountered a bios error screen. Go out without saving after entering BIOS, I can use it normally, but is there a way to solve it?

And another problem is that CPU clocks and memory clocks are not normal. XMP is also not applied and is fixed at 2,300Mhz. The CPU clock is about 3800. I'd like to know how to turn it back to its basic state and how to adjust it.

I installed it using Dolgarenan's Clean EFI, added ACPI, added device attributes, and created an aml file with the code using Maciasl and put it in clover/acpi/patched.

Attachments

• 2020-04-26 19.45.21.jpg
    2020-04-26 19.45.21.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 64
Hi zzmadd, a good entry level tip is the MSI X299 Pro (https://de.msi.com/Motherboard/X299-PRO), you only have to use a patched UEFI (I have it, if you need). I have got it nearly perfect with an RX 580 and 590, and a flashed Alpine Ridge TB Card (1000 thanks to scottkendall). Tested with 9960X, 10900X, 9940X.

@oli.mathieu

Well done to all in getting 10900X and MSI X299 board booting/working. Can you share UEFI and other relevant topics. I have MSI X299 SLI plus and 10900X with no progress beyond "++++++++" using Clover. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back