Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
My EFI is in the end of first post, I'm not sharing my Thunderbolt SSDT since I believe it no to be perfect yet.

I have not done such thing, it might have been a necessary step on KGP's build but I have found no gain by doing so.

I am on F3b, I don't think I'll swap BIOS until there is a stable release (without "letters" at the end like F3b or F3c) F4 might prove to be worth it since they are really making changes.

I'm not sure since I have no need to trick the system, but why stay on Mojave when you can use a system that is more compatible with SMBIOS MacPro7,1? Just for the deprecated 32Bit compatibility I assume, for apps and such.. I don't support such methods.
At any rate, I don't see why you would want this files if you are on an X99 build¿? I don't even assume them to be compatible, there are tons of differences..

It's exactly for the Thunderbolt that I need the EFI. Haha.
It's for my friend who tried to make an Hackintosh with the same motherboard but don't get it done right. That's why I ask for your EFI, particularly for Thunderbolt as he bought this motherboard for Thunderbolt hotplug.
It's him who want to be on Mojave not me. He prefers to be at the last release of an OS than to be on an young OS.
Does your thunderbolt files depend of the SMBIOS ? Because maybe it's more interesting for him to be on Mojave with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.

Thank you.

I will certainly check it out, I just haven't seen anything beyond CFG Lock... Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong :lol:

I had three of those die on me! I hated the thing but it was the only viable board to use TB at the time, glad yours holds :thumbup:

Yeah, when you dump the BIOS to the text file, all bios options are available to be changed, even the hidden ones. Some options might not be supported, but you'll be able to see what is. Now I'm curious. I'm going to see what is available in the bios options for your preferred bios version.

It's exactly for the thunderbolt that I need the EFI haha.
It's for my friend who tried to make an Hackintosh with the same motherboard but don't get it done wright, that's why I ask for your EFI, particularly for Thunderbolt as he buy this mb for thunderbolt hotplug.
It's him who want to be on Mojave not me. He prefer to be at the last release of an OS than to be on an young OS.
Does your thunderbolt files depend of the smbios ? Because maybe it's more interesting for him to be on Mojave with imacpro1,1 smbios.

Thank you.

Msr E2 Cfg Lock offsetn for bios ver F3c is 0x4BC

see attached.

EDIT: Apologies, I replied to the wrong message.

Attachments

• x299D10G_F3c.txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 162
Hello
I made a several ty this morning ... no ne succeeded :banghead:
I also try with your minimal EFI (I like your clover theme) and Bios Setting
I still get the same KP
With the preboot log I can't see what caused the KP, I'd need a verbose log in order to see what caused it.
How can I get you the verbose Log ?
Thanks

Msr E2 Cfg Lock offsetn for bios ver F3c is 0x4BC
In your attached file
Code:
One Of: CFG Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x4BC, VarStore: 0x1, QuestionId: 0x359, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x1, Step: 0x0 {05 91 D3 0B D4 0B 59 03 01 00 BC 04 10 10 00 01 00}
0x433CF             One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 07 04 00 00 00 00}
0x433D6             One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 07 03 00 30 00 01}
It means by default it is Enable ➧ Locked.
Am I right ?
thanks

In your attached file
Code:
One Of: CFG Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x4BC, VarStore: 0x1, QuestionId: 0x359, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x1, Step: 0x0 {05 91 D3 0B D4 0B 59 03 01 00 BC 04 10 10 00 01 00}
0x433CF             One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 07 04 00 00 00 00}
0x433D6             One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 07 03 00 30 00 01}
Am I right ?
thanks
Indeed locked, 0x1 = Locked, 0x0 = Unlocked. Use the "guide" I posted to unlock if needed.

I have a general solution for X299X RTC Gigabyte and ASRock X299 Creator.
C++:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "RTC0", "DESG10G", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB, DeviceObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
    {
        Device (RTC0)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
            Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
            {
                IO (Decode16,
                    0x0070,
                    0x0070,
                    0x01,
                    0x08,
                    )
                IRQNoFlags ()
                    {8}
            })
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (_OSI ("Darwin")) {
                    Return (0x0F)
                } Else {
                    Return (0);
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
Compile with latest MaciASL, put in EFI C/A/P. Successful boot on my Designare 10G, and I assume your ASRock will too.

I'll update main post with this table and advice to use instead of the hotpatch! Enjoy

Last edited:
In your attached file
Code:
Am I right ?
thanks

Correct.
So you would boot with a modified grub shell, and at the prompt you would type:
setup_var 0x4bc 0x0

Or if you have the improved grub shell:

setup_var_3 0x4bc 0x0

Indeed locked, 0x1 = Locked, 0x0 = Unlocked. Use the "guide" I posted to unlock if needed.
I'm misleaded, did you unlock yours ?

I have a general solution for X299X RTC Gigabyte and ASRock X299 Creator.
C++:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "RTC0", "DESG10G", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.LPCB, DeviceObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB)
    {
        Device (RTC0)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
            Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
            {
                IO (Decode16,
                    0x0070,
                    0x0070,
                    0x01,
                    0x08,
                    )
                IRQNoFlags ()
                    {8}
            })
            Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (_OSI ("Darwin")) {
                    Return (0x0F)
                } Else {
                    Return (0);
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
Compile with latest MaciASL, put in EFI C/A/P. Successful boot on my Designare 10G, and I assume your ASRock will too.

I'll update main post with this table and advice to use instead of the hotpatch! Enjoy
I test that

Do I have to disable the patch and in ACPI ➧ DSDT ➧ Patches in order to use this SSDT.aml ?

I have already try to build a similar SSDT.aml from OC guide but I had PC00.LPC0 instead PCI0.LPCB.....
It means that your SSDT is based on ACPI ➧ DSDT ➧ Patches "PC00 - PCI0" & "LPC0 - LPCB".
Mine wasn't.
Am I right ?

I test that
Same KP !!
I think I looking in the wrong direction ....
How to get a Clover "verbose Log" ?
IMG_5461.jpg
Here's My EFI folder

Attachments

• X299X Designare 10G - MacOS 10.15.3 Clover v3.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
No I didn't because I'm on a Gigabyte, what board are you on?? I'm really confused, I thought you bought a ASRock X299 Creator¿?¿? Please update you signature with the current build you are using
Do I have to disable the patch and in ACPI ➧ DSDT ➧ Patches in order to use this SSDT.aml ?
Yes you have to, no need to have two entries that do basically the same.
I have already try to build a similar SSDT.aml from OC guide but I had PC00.LPC0 instead PCI0.LPCB.....
It means that your SSDT is based on ACPI ➧ DSDT ➧ Patches "PC00 - PCI0" & "LPC0 - LPCB".
Mine wasn't.
PC00.LPC0 is related to XCPM and "CPU usage" (to be simple), nothing to do with booting your system, besides, that is mandatory for OpenCore, not clover! you need to state which bootloader are you on while people are trying to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back