Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get Chimera to build either, & am having no luck with Chameleon for some reason.

Is anyone able to build me a Chimera boot with Bulrushes as the frame buffer for the 6670 at all?

I'm sure that once I can 'make' that boot file I'll be up & running, I just can't get Chimera to build! (I got Chameleon to successfully build, but I couldn't get it to work, so I abandoned that)

Many thanks

Great work Shurt! I've been waiting for someone more technical than myself to figure this out!!! I can't wait to get home and give it a shot!

theimageofall said:
I can't get Chimera to build either, & am having no luck with Chameleon for some reason.

Is anyone able to build me a Chimera boot with Bulrushes as the frame buffer for the 6670 at all?

I'm sure that once I can 'make' that boot file I'll be up & running, I just can't get Chimera to build! (I got Chameleon to successfully build, but I couldn't get it to work, so I abandoned that)

Many thanks

Well, I couldn't get Chimera to build whatsoever. Not sure why, I was just getting tons of errors. Chameleon should work though, if you need a short-term fix until Chimera gets updated to support the 6670. Chameleon is working for me, at any rate.

Shurt said:
theimageofall said:

Many thanks

Well, I couldn't get Chimera to build whatsoever. Not sure why, I was just getting tons of errors. Chameleon should work though, if you need a short-term fix until Chimera gets updated to support the 6670. Chameleon is working for me, at any rate.

I was able to get Chameleon to build, but when it was booting into osx Lion, it was at default resolution etc, so I think it was something I was doing wrong with the 'boot' file. The boot file that it makes has a white icon, am I right (the reason I ask is there is a boot file with a black, unix extension too)? And do you need a copy of this made boot file from the trunk/sym/i386 in both that location & the root of the drive?

I think it is just safer for me to wait until Chimera is updated!!

Thanks

theimageofall said:
Shurt said:
theimageofall said:

Many thanks

I was able to get Chameleon to build, but when it was booting into osx Lion, it was at default resolution etc, so I think it was something I was doing wrong with the 'boot' file. The boot file that it makes has a white icon, am I right (the reason I ask is there is a boot file with a black, unix extension too)? And do you need a copy of this made boot file from the trunk/sym/i386 in both that location & the root of the drive?

I think it is just safer for me to wait until Chimera is updated!!

Thanks

Yeah, the file that the build will make is going to have a white icon (similar to the Document icon). Just replace the Unix-executable boot file in the root of your hard drive with that file, then you'll be good. And yeah, the boot screen is still in the default resolution. I'm not entirely sure why that is. But when you get logged in and to your desktop, you should be at your normal resolution.

and dual screen works? thanks

Badaboum03 said:
and dual screen works? thanks

Just tested it. Yup, it works, you'll just have to reboot after you get the second display plugged in.

(Note that I'm testing this card using just the DVI and HDMI ports. I haven't tried the VGA port.)

Please excuse the total n00b question, but where exactly is trunk/sym/i386 ? I've been looking through the Chameleon source at http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon but haven't found anything that matches that file path. Am I misunderstanding something here?

smilinggoat said:
Please excuse the total n00b question, but where exactly is trunk/sym/i386 ? I've been looking through the Chameleon source at http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon but haven't found anything that matches that file path. Am I misunderstanding something here?

In order to get the code that you'll need to build Chameleon, open up a Terminal window and type the follow (pressing Enter after typing/pasting each line)

Code:
cd ~/Desktop
mkdir chameleon
cd chameleon/
svn co [url]http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/trunk[/url]

This will first change the directory to the desktop, then create a folder called, "chameleon", then it will do an SVN checkout of the trunk for Chameleon. At that point, you should be able to follow the guide.

Thanks Shurt! This worked perfectly for me tonight! I followed your steps exactly and now I have a good working Frame Buffer on my 6670 Radeon. DVD Player & GeekBench work flawlessly now!

Great work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back