i52570K G620 G530
Graphics
GT 640 and GT 730
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Direct update from Clover. Take Carbon Copy Cloner, time machine backups of install before attempting. Also backup Clover EFI partition to another folder.

Used Multibeast to change system definition to iMac 14,2 (used to be Macpro 3,1 before)

1) Update Clover to 3726 version
2) Mount EFI - load FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
3) Download macOS Sierra Installation from Apple store
4) Run Sierra installation on partition - this takes a few minutes. Watch it as it reboots
5) On reboot - Select Mac OSX Install on same partition as selected in Step 4. Press Spacebar - select "Inject kexts" and "Verbose" - using safe mode always fails for me on both motherboards so I NEVER use -x or safe mode.
6) The installation should start and will reboot once.
7) On second reboot - you will be running on Sierra.
8) Download Nvidia Web drivers, reboot
9) Download Toleda's ALC 120 command from Github - unzip run that command, choose appropriate options, and you will see that sound gets enabled.

This install seems to be the smoothest ever (first direct update, used to use Unibeast/Chameleon before this). Also, Toleda script usage seems to address the Audio issue after Sleep that I used to have with Multibeast.

Hope others with similar hardware find success.

Last edited:
Direct update from Clover. Take Carbon Copy Cloner, time machine backups of install before attempting. Also backup Clover EFI partition to another folder.

Used Multibeast to change system definition to iMac 14,2 (used to be Macpro 3,1 before)

4) Run Sierra installation on partition - this takes a few minutes. Watch it as it reboots
5) On reboot - Select Mac OSX Install on same partition as selected in Step 4. Press Spacebar - select "Inject kexts" and "Verbose" - using safe mode always fails for me on both motherboards so I NEVER use -x or safe mode.
9) Download Toleda's ALC 120 command from Github - unzip run that command, choose appropriate options, and you will see that sound gets enabled.

This install seems to be the smoothest ever (first direct update, used to use Unibeast/Chameleon before this). Also, Toleda script usage seems to address the Audio issue after Sleep that I used to have with Multibeast.

Hey MB, I have the similar MOBO, GTX 560 Video (using native drivers) and iMac 14,2 definition, for some reason when I run Toleda's 120 command for audio and reboot I loose my video. Any idea? re. Using my Fiio USB DAC currently for audio.

Also success, but partial. USB 3.0, when enabled in BIOS, hangs system on boot. If disabled, everything boots OK and works like a charm. P67a-ud3-b3 mobo.
Any advice?

Also success, but partial. USB 3.0, when enabled in BIOS, hangs system on boot. If disabled, everything boots OK and works like a charm. P67a-ud3-b3 mobo.
Any advice?

Was there any resolution to this? I want to upgrade my old GA-P67A-UD3-B3 to Clover/Sierra, but am dependent on USB 3.0.

@Ridolph, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back