Contribute
Register

Gigabyte P55A-UD4P

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those using this motherboard and having issues with no keyboard/mouse when the Unibeast installer comes up . . .

Download the DSDT file for your firmware version from here, rename it DSDT.aml, and put it in the /Extras folder on the Unibeast key after you make the key.

Doing it that way you don't need Legacy USB support or any other older kexts.

Ah, so because I now switched to a DSDT system I don't need the USB rollback kexts in my Extra/Extensions folder?
Now, if I could just get my sound working again. As I noted in a couple other threads Multibeast is not installing kexts for some reason (it *thinks* it is and reports "success" but nothing is actually written, log shows no errors). I've used Pacifist to extract the kexts from Multibeast but I've always just used the 889 audio rollback option in Multibeast. I've no clue what actual kexts I need or if they all go in the Extra/Extensions folder or not. What sucks is the first install (as an update of SL) still had sound. My clean install doesn't. So far sound is the ONLY thing that doesn't appear to be working.

My Board is GA-P55-USB3 Rev. 1 F8. This worked for me with the same symptoms. I created the Unibeast drive without the legacy USB driver rollback (actually I did both but it's working without them). The thing I did differently was, after creating the Unibeast thumbdrive, placing my system specific DSDT into the /Extra folder on the Unibeast thumbdrive (renamed DSDT.aml). USB works after this modification. It may be inconsequential but the specific boot flags I used were -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1.

Good Luck!

Ha! While I was Typing.

Another tentative success on this board. Copying your DSDT to the /Extra folder on the UniBeast disk seems to be the key for USB problems; also booting the installer with the -x (Safe Mode) flag. I formatted and did a clean install, then restored apps and home directory from a Time Machine backup.

There are a couple of oddities (my secondary monitor seems to be regarded as the "default" now, despite the fact that the BIOS and Chimera display on the correct one), but otherwise so far so good. I'm running with no kernel flags at all now.

10.8.5 was a nightmare for me, so I'm glad to see that 10.9 is somewhat better behaved.

I see a few references to /Extra folder on the Unibeast USB, but my USB didn't create this folder. My structure only has "Install OS X Mavericks.app" and shortcuts to /etc /tmp and /var

I chose the Legacy USB option during the Unibeast install so is that the problem? Can I just put the DSDT in root?

The "Extra" folder Unibeast creates is invisible. You need to do the Show/Hide files thing that reveals hidden folders to see it. There are actually a TON of hidden files on there.

Ok, so I got Mav up and running on my machine. Ran Multibeast and I am able to boot up no problem. Couple of issues though.

1. Sound not working
2. CPU being reported as 2.93 and not 2.80 (I have i7-860)
3. Can not get iCloud or AppStore working at all.
4. My drives show up as external not internal.

Here are the MB settings/options I chose:

MultiBeast Configuration - 2013-10-26 04:51:09 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > UserDSDT - /DSDT.aml
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC889 Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party eSATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90 Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 Customize > Themes > Chameleon 2.2 Default

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

For those without sound on this board, see my post earlier in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/112403-gigabyte-p55a-ud4p-2.html#post688344

You need to edit the DSDT.aml file to enable audio. I attached one I edited for firmware 14 for this board, to do it yourself if you are running a different BIOS version, see this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67710-ml-how-add-edit-dsdt-hdef.html

Internal drives showing up as external has been very hit-and-miss with me on this board, on all versions of OS X I've put on it. But you could try 3rd party SATA instead of 3rd party eSATA.

For those without sound on this board, see my post earlier in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/112403-gigabyte-p55a-ud4p-2.html#post688344

You need to edit the DSDT.aml file to enable audio. I attached one I edited for firmware 14 for this board, to do it yourself if you are running a different BIOS version, see this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67710-ml-how-add-edit-dsdt-hdef.html

Internal drives showing up as external has been very hit-and-miss with me on this board, on all versions of OS X I've put on it. But you could try 3rd party SATA instead of 3rd party eSATA.

Thanks for this info. I believe my BIOS is still on F10.

So I tried running MB again with new settings. Changing from 3rd Party eSATA to SATA as you suggested fixed my drives displaying as external.

So I tried the following this time:

MultiBeast Configuration - 2013-10-26 05:26:39 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC885/889a Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90 Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 Customize > Themes > Chameleon 2.2 Default

So, I tried changing to ALC885/889a (I believe this is how I was able to get audio working back in SL) but still no luck.

I am not sure if this is relevant but I have a P55-UD4P board and not P55A-UD4P

SUCCESS!!!

Ok, so I now have a (AFAIK) fully functioning install! Got sound working, got iCloud and App Store working and my system is now reporting correcting as i7-2.80Ghz too!

Hopefully these steps will help others...

I ran Multibeast with the following options:

MultiBeast Configuration - 2013-10-26 06:39:09 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC885/889a Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > PCI Root ID Fix
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the major difference this time, which fixed my sound is that I chose Without DSDT > ALC885/889a Drivers. This auto-checked the HDAEnabler. After rebooting my sound was working.

To fix iCloud, AppStore and iMessages I deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist from SystemConfiguration and deleted all network connections from System Preferences tab. This gave me back the Ethernet (en1). Lastly I ran ChameleonWizard to change my MAC ID and rebooted.

So far everything is working except my Apple Keyboard can not be identified and thus I am not able to use the Eject button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back