Contribute
Register

Gigabyte P35W V3 Clover Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the ALC282 v1 patched AppleHDA contained in the link below along with RehabMan's CodecCommander kext and set Audio Inject to 3 in Clover (in the Devices section):

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/

Installed to /S/L/E, fixed permissions, etc... I have not tried HDMI or DisplayPort audio so I don't know if they are working, but the speakers/headphones work and auto switch (the internal mic and mic port work as well). The only odd behavior is that for the speakers to work, I have to first mute them via the function keys and then press volume up or down. Strange, but since it works reliably and everything else works on the laptop I'm not willing to mess around with it. Hope that helps!

How would I go about doing this?
In the BIOS Settings I see two Windows Boot Manager Partitions (one is apparently the Recovery partition and one loads Windows 8.1 normally). Then there is a "Mac OS X" Partition but when I boot from this partition, nothing happens.
Do I have to manually activate the EFI Partition in any way? In gparted it already has the Boot set.

Maybe your BIOS will boot \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI, if you rename \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

It is really between you and your BIOS. Get to know it.

I used the ALC282 v1 patched AppleHDA contained in the link below along with RehabMan's CodecCommander kext and set Audio Inject to 3 in Clover (in the Devices section):

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/

ALC283 is the same as my Lenovo u430. You can use AppleHDA_ALC283.kext in my u430 repo...

https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

Requirements:
- Clover bootloader
- config.plist must have the four AppleHDA patches from my config.plist in the repo
- AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla
- CodecCommander.kext installed to /S/L/E: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander
- AppleHDA_ALC283.kext installed to /S/L/E
- rebuild cache following the procedure detailed in the u430 guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ideapad-u330-u430-u530-using-clover-uefi.html
- DSDT patches "IRQ Fix" and "Audio Layout 12", with layout-id changed from 12 to 86.

Thanks for the tips, you both! :)

I tried renaming the Windows Bootmanger efi, but it didn't change anything. Then I just copied the whole folder to the other hard drive, so that I would have it backed up, in case somthing went wrong. After that I saw the "UEFI BIOS" Boot option jhax01 was talking about and I could boot into clover. Yay! :D
I tried booting into Yosemite and it went through to the login screen. But when I logged in, it froze and hung itself up. So I hard restarted the laptop, since there was nothing left to do.
Now I'm back again to the point, where when I turn it on, the Gigabyte logo appears and the button prompts for boot menu, bios, etc. But nothing happens afterwards. I tried pressing the keys, even attaching an external keyboard. Still nothing.
So I opened it up again, detached the battery and the BIOS battery, hold down the power button for 20-30 seconds. But still after that the same outcome.
I'm going to try to leave the battry unplugged for a while now and try again in a few hours. Then we'll see...

Thanks again for the great help and support! I'm going to get through this and achieve this dual boot, no matter how hard the laptop resists. :D

So I gave up on installing Windows and Mac on the same SSD, since it did cost so much time, that it was more effective just ordering another SSD (this time only 256GB). I installed Windows 8 (already upgraded to Windows 10) on the 512GB SSD and Yosemite on the new 256GB SSD, since most of the programs I use are on Windows and the 256GB are enough for Logic and a few other programs.
I boot now from the Mac SSD into clover and from there either into Windows, or into Yosemite. That seems to work rather fine.
A few things I'm stuck on now are:

- Graphics: Even though I used the same g-platform-id value as in the previous installation it didn't work (graphic glitches or slow graphics) --> will try a few different id values but maybe something else is wrong
- kexts: So, I don't really understand what it means to "install to /S/L/E, fixed permissions, etc...". It's not in the Laptop install guide, as far as I can tell (or I'm just a bit blind again). And just donwloading and copying the audio kext for example to the folder in "EFI/Clover/kexts/other" didn't amount to anything.

But the kexts in general seem to be a problem, maybe I'm not treating them right. I downloaded the keyboard, battery, etc. kexts but Mac OS X doesn't notice any battery, so it can't show the charge status.

@RehabMan: Unfortunately my laptop has the ALC282 Codec and not 283 like your Lenovo. But thank you either way.
@jhax01: Maybe you could tell me a bit more about your configuration, so I can copy a thing or two. I'm a little bit lost right now. That would be great! :)

- Graphics: Even though I used the same g-platform-id value as in the previous installation it didn't work (graphic glitches or slow graphics) --> will try a few different id values but maybe something else is wrong
- kexts: So, I don't really understand what it means to "install to /S/L/E, fixed permissions, etc...". It's not in the Laptop install guide, as far as I can tell (or I'm just a bit blind again). And just donwloading and copying the audio kext for example to the folder in "EFI/Clover/kexts/other" didn't amount to anything.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Kexts should be installed with a kext installer such as Kext Wizard.

But the kexts in general seem to be a problem, maybe I'm not treating them right. I downloaded the keyboard, battery, etc. kexts but Mac OS X doesn't notice any battery, so it can't show the charge status.
@RehabMan: Unfortunately my laptop has the ALC282 Codec and not 283 like your Lenovo. But thank you either way.
@jhax01: Maybe you could tell me a bit more about your configuration, so I can copy a thing or two. I'm a little bit lost right now. That would be great! :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Install to /S/L/E is just short hand for /System/Library/Extensions -- At least for me, Clover can be finicky when loading kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10. So IMO, it's easier to eliminate a potential source of inconsistency by installing any modded/added kexts to /S/L/E. Kext Wizard (or a similar utility) is probably the easiest way since it will make sure the permissions are right and rebuild the cache.

I'm sure you've tried it, but I'm using 0x0a260006 for my graphics id and am injecting my EDID that was extracted from Windows. The only glitch I get is on boot, the screen scrambles for a fraction of a second between stage 1 & 2. One thing that seemed to matter was setting the BIOS to UEFI Only. When I had it set to Legacy, it would boot to a black screen and I would have to cycle sleep to get the display on.

As for the battery, you're welcome to try my DSDT patch since our laptops are very similar, but without looking there's no telling if it will work or not. I'll attach it to the post. One side note though, I think there was one or two instances of the "B1FC" variable that didn't get replaced automatically so you'll have to go back in and correct it manually. You'll know where the problem is because it won't compile until you fix it. Then it's just a matter of adding the ACPIBatteryManager kext. If it doesn't end up working, then just follow the battery patch guide, it's not difficult though it can be a bit time consuming.

Attachments

• BATTERYPATCHDSDT.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back