Graphics
Ginward GTX260 GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wonder has anyone tried to use NVEnabler64.kext with GTS250 and does it work? Any particular expirience with Gigabyte nVidia cards?

Thanx.

gts 250 worked perfectly for me just used tony's boot cd method.

Thanx for replies guys, I already ordered Gigabyte 9800GT Silent Cell (I always wanted to build a silent PC) but I'll try to change it for GTS250OC since their prices are equal.

The performance different might not be big enough unless you're intending to play games with it. The Gigabyte GTS 250's are quite noisy as the fan only runs at a set speed.

What graphics card would you suggest as an energy-efficient *and* powerful one? Was considering the Radeon 4890 but for that one, I'd probably need a new power supply...

Is the 2xy GTX series better in this respect? Maybe the 275GTX?

I know I'm a little late to this topic but I wanted to mention for the record that I've tested an MSI GTS 250 with 1GB ram using the nvenabler64 kext, a specific GTS 250 nvinject kext and Chameleon graphics enabler. Due to the card being based on legacy architecture it works like a charm in a hackintosh and delivers relatively good bang for the buck.

thelostswede said:
The performance different might not be big enough unless you're intending to play games with it. The Gigabyte GTS 250's are quite noisy as the fan only runs at a set speed.

I mostly use OSX for work but I like to play games once in a while, and you're right, the diference is not that big at all. Thanks for the info m8.

Cantello said:
What graphics card would you suggest as an energy-efficient *and* powerful one? Was considering the Radeon 4890 but for that one, I'd probably need a new power supply...

Is the 2xy GTX series better in this respect? Maybe the 275GTX?

I owned an ATI 3870 but as there's no support for it under SL, I just swaped it with nVidia, it seams that they are "more" compatible with OSX86. So I suggest that you go for some nVidia card like 260/275GTX (if you want to play games), I think you'll have no problem with 'em and they're powerful enough.

Regarding energy efficiency, I think that ATI cards are better. You need quality PSU of minimum 500W or more. Hope this helps.

@thelostswede

Can you please confirm that both VGA and DVI outputs work on GB 250GTS and does HDMI output work? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back