Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GTS250 or 9800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks m8,

I got GB 9800GT Silent Cell but it was DOA:( So I ordered GB 250OC, I'll try to volt mod the fan to make it a bit more quiet.

My GB 250GTS OC is here and it works great! The card's fan is atthe max when I turno on my hackintosh, after the SL initialize the GFX, the fan speed lowers and the card is practicaly silent.

HDMI works as the other two outputs (D-Sub, DVI). I've tested the card in Games (World of Warcraft) and in ArchiCAD and it works nice, OpenCL benchmark (galaxies 32K) returns the result of 299Gflops, so I can only recommend this card for your hackintosh machine.

Nope, you can only use 2 outputs at once, but that is normal, only latest ATI cards can use 3 outputs. At the moment I am using D-Sub and HDMI to connect my two monitors, if I want to connect the TV, I just unplug the HDMI and plug the one that is connected to the TV. Anyway, all 3 connectors are working.

Rushko have you managed to get the system profiler to recognise your specific card. I use a Palit GTS 250 512mb 256bit version and although it seems to work great the card is only recognised as unknown Nvidia. As for the HDMI, last time I tried it blue screens me. I am using the NVenabler 64.kext :?

Cheers

taniwhahunter said:
Rushko have you managed to get the system profiler to recognise your specific card. I use a Palit GTS 250 512mb 256bit version and although it seems to work great the card is only recognised as unknown Nvidia. As for the HDMI, last time I tried it blue screens me. I am using the NVenabler 64.kext :?

Cheers

Check this thread and my last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back