Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GT 640 Working OOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
tested with MacPro3,1; sleep mode is working (one-click wake-up)

my set-up

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI U1B, 4GB x4, Core i5 2500k, Gigabyte GT640, monitor connected to the DVI port (the one below the HMDI port)
Antec EarthWatt 500W

set-up
(1) bios setup, press F7 load the optimised settings, changed SATA Port from IDE to AHCI
(2) boot from USB unibeast mountain lion 1.5.2, default boot settings, just enabled the -v verbose mode, boot up at full resolution (1920x1200)
(3) complete the mountain lion installation
(4) boot from USB drive again, select the HDD mountain lion partition
(5) run the multi-beast 4.6.1, installed the required drivers and the boot loader
(6) reboot from the HDD, use GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0
(7) done

tested
(1) sleep mode, ok
(2) DVD Player, ok no error
(3) dual monitors (DVI + HDMI), ok

measured system power consumption (exclude the LCD monitor)
idle - ~52W average
sleep mode - 4W
CPU full load (cinebench CPU test) - 113W maximum
GPU full load (cinebench GPU test) - 99W maximum
cinebench ~ 39.x fps

compared with Intel HD3000
idle - ~37W average
CPU full load (cinebench CPU test) - 98W maximum
GPU full load (cinebench GPU test) - 60W maximum
cinebench ~ 10fps

and Radeon HD6670
idle - ~65W average
CPU full load (cinebench CPU test) - 125W maximum
GPU full load (cinebench GPU test) - 105W maximum

9600GT
idle - ~72W average
CPU full load (cinebench CPU test) - 128W maximum
GPU full load (cinebench GPU test) - 117W maximum

Does your boot.plist include PCIRootUID=0?

Did you have any noted problems during the first boot (white screen)?

Does your boot.plist include PCIRootUID=0?

Did you have any noted problems during the first boot (white screen)?

yes, included in the boot.plist, I haven't try PCIRootUID=1, I think it will also works

what kind of problem? white screen with apple ?

I do not have any problem, are you using the DVI port (under the HDMI port)

yes, included in the boot.plist, I haven't try PCIRootUID=1, I think it will also works

what kind of problem? white screen with apple ?

I do not have any problem, are you using the DVI port (under the HDMI port)

It was only one boot that I had a white screen solved by switching the DVI ports. I was just curious if you got this. I currently don't have any problems at all!

I dont boot with PCIRootUID=0 or =1 although I have seen others using this....

TonyMac actually says all UEFI boards with Nvidia cards boot with PCIRootUID=0

Can you comment on why you are using PCIRootUID?

It was only one boot that I had a white screen solved by switching the DVI ports. I was just curious if you got this. I currently don't have any problems at all!

I dont boot with PCIRootUID=0 or =1 although I have seen others using this....

MacMan actually says all UEFI boards with Nvidia cards boot with PCIRootUID=0

Can you comment on why you are using PCIRootUID?

(1) I have add the PCIRootUID parameter to the boot.plist, since I would switch other graphics card for testing, just for convenience to change the settings

(2) if you don't specify PCIRootUID= 0 in the boot.plist, I am not sure the default setting is 1 or 0.

once it works it doesn't matter it is 1 or 0, I just keep this settings

but I remembered that the 1st time, the system was boot up using the unibeast USB, the default parameter was PCIRootUID=1, with full resolution, so I guess it works with =1 as well

so far, this cards works very well, surprisingly consumes less power than HD6670 in idle

thanks

(1) I have add the PCIRootUID parameter to the boot.plist, since I would switch other graphics card for testing, just for convenience to change the settings

(2) if you don't specify PCIRootUID= 0 in the boot.plist, I am not sure the default setting is 1 or 0.

once it works it doesn't matter it is 1 or 0, I just keep this settings

but I remembered that the 1st time, the system was boot up using the unibeast USB, the default parameter was PCIRootUID=1, with full resolution, so I guess it works with =1 as well

so far, this cards works very well, surprisingly consumes less power than HD6670 in idle

thanks

Thank You for your comments on the PCIRootUID. I believe you are correct when you say the default is PCIRootUID=1.

I have also added it to my boot.plist as PCIRootUID=0.

buy two pieces of gigabyte GV-N640OC-2GI today, just like my old Asus 9600GT, working out of box :thumbup:

Hi - can you confirm that you are using two of these gt640 cards in your hackintosh? How many monitors are you able to connect?

Hi - can you confirm that you are using two of these gt640 cards in your hackintosh? How many monitors are you able to connect?

two GT640 =/= put it in the same computer, I have 4 sets of this computer :D

you idea is good, I haven't try that yet :mrgreen:

Is anyone using this card with fcpx and are you happy using it for video editing? Thanks in advance

Is anyone using this card with fcpx and are you happy using it for video editing? Thanks in advance

I don't have Final Cut Pro X, but it should be ok, it is fully hardware accelerated

any news on getting HDMI audio to work on the GT640 .. ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back