Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost SC Windforce not working - power issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3P
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,

my build with a GA-B75M-D3P and an iCore i5-3570K is working pretty nice in 10.8.4. Sleep, sound, ethernet and wifi are all working.
I use a 500W Bronze Corsair PSU, might that be an issue regarding that my system won't boot at all as soon as I put in the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost Sc Windforce. Is there not enough power to boot when the graphics card is plugged in?
I am pretty new to building hackintoshes and computers in general.
It would be great if someone could help me or at least hint at something.

Thank you!

Did you plug in the power connector to the graphics card?

Yes i did. Fans are rotating...
how important is the apple spec (right vocabulary???) mine is still MacPro 3.1...

No i have a gtx650ti working and also the macpro3,1 spec.
So that shouldnt be the problem.

Also your PSU is definitly powerful enough.
When you power up can you get to the BIOS?
If you cant get to the bios then it likely is a hardware problem.
Also you could try removing the bios battery from the MoBo for a while.
Otherwise i think you might have a dead graphics card.
If you have another PC try testing the card in that one!

I cannot get to bios, although i haven't waited longer than about a minute. i will try that tomorrow.

I just read this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/100348-new-gtx-650-ti-boost.html

might it be an issue concerning my bios/uefi, which is f4 on my ga-b75m-d3p?
if not, i might assume the card itself is broken and have to exchange the card for another one.
Will graphicsenabler=no make a difference?

I cannot get to bios, although i haven't waited longer than about a minute. i will try that tomorrow.

I just read this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/100348-new-gtx-650-ti-boost.html

might it be an issue concerning my bios/uefi, which is f4 on my ga-b75m-d3p?
if not, i might assume the card itself is broken and have to exchange the card for another one.
Will graphicsenabler=no make a difference?

GE = no does not affect video output in BIOS/UEFI.

Did you try all the available outputs - DVI-D, HDMI, DP?

Try installing the card to another PC to verify if the card is faulty or not.

The card is working. After I plugged it in and in didn't boot again, I put the DVI from the internal DVI port on my motherboard in both of the DVI ports and suddenly it is booting until there is a grey screen. Kinda strange i think, but it works.
I then put in graphicsenabler=no and it boots up in OS X.
It takes quite a long time (internal graphics takes about 15-25 seconds, GTX 650 TI Boost takes about 45 seconds) and it seems as i can't get into bios anymore because my keyboard doesn't work in the bios screen when the graphics card is plugged in, which right now is not very important, but not cool at all...
Maybe someone has a fix for that, but right now I'm happy that everything is running.

(solved)Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost SC Windforce not working - power issue?

I flashed my BIOS to F6, installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers and put "PCIRootUID=0 nvda_drv=1 npci=0x3000" in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I don't know if in the BIOS "Init First Display" there is still PEG selected since I can't get in the BIOS. My keyboard (Apple USB wired) doesn't work in the GIGABYTE startup screen. Del, F9 and F12 don#t work. It does work when the graphics card (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost SC) is not plugged in.

HELP PLEASE.

Edit: I solved the problem by exchanging the Gigabyte Card against a EVGA card. Everything works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back