Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am installing Mavericks onto my system

Motherboard - GA-Z87-HD3
RAM - 2 x 4gb Corsair Vengance
CPU - i5 4670K
GPU - Nvidia gtx 770
Hard drives - 2 x Seagate 1tb

I have succesfully installed Mavericks using this guide, I am stuck at part 5 of Step 5.
This is without laptop support and without legacy support. I have come to the point where I can make my Mavericks account but my ps2 input key board does not work at this stage of the process. I have read some threads about how you have to copy the DSDT.aml and put it in a different folder to fix it but none of this makes sense to me. Can someone help me and tell me a step by step way to get my key board to work? I also have been told to find someone who has made a DSDT for my motherboard already.

All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do not use ps2 keyboard (although it may work with some kext from MultiBeast, I am not sure)
Do use USB-type keyboard /you can buy cheap one/ as native Macs use USB ones nowadays.

If you have problems with this board look at the guide at:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/112755-haswell-matx-ga-z87m-d3h-i7-4770-gtx-650-ti-boost.html

as the BIOS setting there are almost identical with your motherboard.

I have very simillar simplified version of your MB: GA-Z87M-HD3
and without problems I installed latest Mavericks 10.9.1

and so far almost everything works fine as in the above mentioned build.
though:
/I had to use diffrent kext for Audio only as I have ALC887 codec/

The first thing I/you should AVOID is... HWMonitor (or so),
as in my Hackintosh when I launch it, it immediately causes a system to become sloooow and unstable and ... hard restart is needed.
The latest Update installation of this HWMonitor did not help too much.

This soft looks too buggy for the newest MOBO to operate properly and it is hard to blame the author who did a good job but writing ACPI drivers for many latest mobo's is a hard job !

The rest works fine :

Internet browsing, download, Flash content OK
system apps Updates without Apple ID OK
2 monitors working via DVI OK
USB3 ports OK
USB2 ports OK
Microsoft mouse :) OK
Microsoft USB keyboard :) OK

as well as soft :

latest CUDA drivers installation OK
Adobe Flash latest drivers OK
latest iStat OK
latest firewalls : Hands OFF! OK or latest Little Snitch 3.x TRIAL /3 hours :) / OK
installation of Adobe Master Collection updates OK
+ needed for Adobe Premiere - Mercury Engine hardware accelleration OK
latest Onyx for Mavericks OK
etc.

I hope I helped a little.

Thanks Jace, I am using a different USB key board now.

Motherboard GA-Z87-HD3
CPU- i5 4670k
GPU - GTX 770
RAM - 2 x 4gb corsair vengeance
Hard Drives - 2 x 1TB Seagate

I installed mavericks with these settings, DSDT free because my motherboard does not need one. I changed nothing in the bios except making optimized defaults. VT-d is not supported with my CPU.
View attachment 78297
The installation was succesful but with this error code halfway through ok.

View attachment 78298
When I turn on the computer I get the gigabyte logo then it auto goes to the error below. I tried pressing F12 and booting from all of the hard drives and everthing else in the menu but nothing works.
View attachment 78296

I realized that I need to change GraphicsEnabler=No
I put the usb in again and changed that on the usb and it booted fine but I can not change that on the actual hard drive that mavericks is installed on because I can not even get to the multibeast launch screen.

All help is appriaciated. Thanks

Hi,

It is hard to say what went wrong as all of your 3 attachments to your last post are for me impossible to look at.
/Invalid links/

Maybe try to upload them in a different format or something .... to make them visible properly.

I would hazard a guess that you are getting a Boot0 - use search to get MacMans Boot0 Guide. :thumbup:

I hope that that will move your installation forward.

Adrian B

Thanks Jace, I am using a different USB key board now.

Motherboard GA-Z87-HD3
CPU- i5 4670k
GPU - GTX 770
RAM - 2 x 4gb corsair vengeance
Hard Drives - 2 x 1TB Seagate

I installed mavericks with these settings, DSDT free because my motherboard does not need one. I changed nothing in the bios except making optimized defaults. VT-d is not supported with my CPU.
View attachment 78297
The installation was succesful but with this error code halfway through ok.

View attachment 78298
When I turn on the computer I get the gigabyte logo then it auto goes to the error below. I tried pressing F12 and booting from all of the hard drives and everthing else in the menu but nothing works.
View attachment 78296

I realized that I need to change GraphicsEnabler=No
I put the usb in again and changed that on the usb and it booted fine but I can not change that on the actual hard drive that mavericks is installed on because I can not even get to the multibeast launch screen.

All help is appriaciated. Thanks

If you have installed the system on HDD and can't boot the system from it. Then you could attach the unibeast usb installer usb or the usb which you used to install the system. At boot, press F12, choose usb, then should show you two options to boot. The usb installer will be selected (if not showing two options, only countdown is showing, then press any key and the system on HDD should be appear), select this drive and boot with the flags you used to boot the installer.

I not yet installed Mavericks on my PC. As I red, the possible boot options should be:

"GraphicsEnabler=No" with the HD 4600 but don't know for GTX 770 (for GTS 450 I used "Yes")
"dart=0"
"GenerateCStates=Yes"
"GeneratePStates=Yes"

If you have installed the system on HDD and can't boot the system from it. Then you could attach the unibeast usb installer usb or the usb which you used to install the system. At boot, press F12, choose usb, then should show you two options to boot. The usb installer will be selected (if not showing two options, only countdown is showing, then press any key and the system on HDD should be appear), select this drive and boot with the flags you used to boot the installer.

I not yet installed Mavericks on my PC. As I red, the possible boot options should be:

"GraphicsEnabler=No" with the HD 4600 but don't know for GTX 770 (for GTS 450 I used "Yes")
"dart=0"
"GenerateCStates=Yes"
"GeneratePStates=Yes"

If you are going to use a GTX 770 with Mavericks then select GraphicsEnabler=No
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html

Rather than using dart=0 on Gigabyte boards with i5 & i7 processors without over clocking option. Disable the VT-d option in UEFI/BIOS

Adrian B

Finally everything works success!!!!

All it took was a new Monitor. I purchased a 24" full HD monitor plugged it in and hey presto QE/CI sound etc etc!

I ended up getting both monitors to work without a hitch. The issue with the original monitor was resolved by patching my ATIController5000 and AMDRadeonX3000 kexts to include my old ASUS HD5450 signature (0x68f91002)

I have now switched to clover and was experimenting with patching the kexts on the fly but found more stability with the graphics by patching and then installing the kexts permanently in S/L/E

Can someone please give me a picture of the dsdt settings I need to enter in Multibeast
(I am using OS X Mavericks 10.9)

In MultiBeast with this board set the following

Quick Start -> DSDT Free

Drivers Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> ALC892
Graphics -> Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations
Misc -> FakeSMC(s)
Misc -> USB 3.0 - Universal (I think USB worked without this also)
Network -> RealtekTRL8111 v1.2.0

Customize -> Boot Options -> Basic Boot Options
Customize -> System Definitions -> iMac -> iMac 14,2

That should get you going

There is a problem with being able to compile a DSDT file with the F7 and F8 Bios, If you are needing to use DSDT then switch back to F6 and then extract, patch and compile your DSDT but DSTD free works fine until you get into more serious tweaking.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back