1. 0
Hi guys, I did a new CPU to record in my home studio and used these components:
-Intel Core I5-4670
-Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
-
Corsair Vengeance XMP PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 8GB 2x4GB CL9
-Sandisk Extreme II 120GB SSD
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB SATA3

The first time I tried to install ML, everything worked fine, but I was using a 32" TV hdmi monitor and it didn´t appears the upper options ( I was seeking the disk utility everywere). Later I changed the monitor and then the only way to run in with -x, the only thing I changed in the defeult settings of the bios is the shared grafic card shared memory to 256Mb. After install ML, access to internet and install multibeast, the screen stops booting in the apple logo, and them it does not run anyway (-x, -v, anything works).
Please, what shoult I install in multibeast? should I leave the sistem like a mac pro 3?
Thanks in advance. Cheers!

I forgot to say that I won´t install any graphic card, just I will leave the on board integrated, and I would like to install ML as clean as possible, with the needed drivers to run this hardware. Thanks!

I have the same system

On 10.8.5.1 it works if you set the bios to VT-d - disabled XHCI Mode - Smart Auto XHCI Hand-off - enabled EHCI Hand-off - enabled

then i was able to boot using GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 dart=0 and setting the GraphicsMode to 1440*900*32

I used Multibeast and installed DSDT Free abd adding the network driver for realtakRTL81xx and Audio Without DSDT ALC892

Everything worked except QE/Ci

I am currently wrestling with a fresh install into 10.9 When I get that sorted I will post it

Hope that Helps :)

p.s I set the above system to MacPro5,1 and removed the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E

I am currently wrestling with a fresh install into 10.9 When I get that sorted I will post it

Hope that Helps :)

Hi p00l3y.
Did you installed Mavericks on your GA-Z87-HD3 MB ?
I yes, could you give the complete BIOS configuration to do this.
Thank you

Thanks a lot! I will try this night when the baby let me do. Anyway I think I will became 10.9, and I hope it may be easier and better support. Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi p00l3y.
Did you installed Mavericks on your GA-Z87-HD3 MB ?
I yes, could you give the complete BIOS configuration to do this.
Thank you
I have got part of the way there but still no sound or qe/ci your suggestions would be great Thanks !!!

I followed those guides, thanks for the suggestion. but no luck with the qe/ci or sound :(

Finally everything works success!!!!

All it took was a new Monitor. I purchased a 24" full HD monitor plugged it in and hey presto QE/CI sound etc etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back