Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HD4000 "injections" are toleda's and are in Chimera starting with 1.11.1. The current version of Chimera is v2.1 which has been updated to support Haswell processors. :thumbup:

I do not use the "injection" in the /Extra/org...plist file. I used two monitors with HD4000 before upgrading to a GTX 650 Ti graphics card and had AirPlay working from day one with my AirPort Expresses. (I have Apple TV 1st generations which don't support much of anything anymore.)

Hello,
is there a way to switch the dvi monitor as primary? I tried in bios settings but osx won't boot!
thanks!

I followed this guide and everything works great. I just have one problem, I can not get Airplay mirroring to work. The icon shows up and when I select Atv, the screen turns black then comes back to desktop. I'm using iMac 12,2 intel graphics, osx 10.8.4 multi beast 5.3.1

Update I changed to MacMini 6,2 and it is now working!

Hello,
is there a way to switch the dvi monitor as primary? I tried in bios settings but osx won't boot!
thanks!
You can change it once in OS X by going to the Display pane in System Preferences. But, that will work only for running OS X.

Another way might be to get a Thunderbolt (miniDisplayPort) to DVI adapter; I know that this method works as the Thunderbolt displays use HD4000. However, I used the adapter back when I first build my Thunderball system using HD4000 and one monitor.

My rig works, but every few weeks my bios keeps getting corrupted. So I switch to the other bios, until that one corrupts, then I just reset both using the reset bios button. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue, and have your fixed it? Same mobo, and i7-3770K, using HD4000. This is getting annoying can someone help, please.

Does any of you have any pci cards installed.
I am trying to get my areca raid card installed but it doesn't show up at all in about this mac.

Any suggestions what am I doing wrong?

Other thing as well i can't seem to find my expansion slot utility as i can on the mac pro.

Hope anybody has some thoughts on this one

hey i followed this guide some time back. my system is running pretty nice so far. but my problem is that my usb ports don't allways work.

i have one USB 3 disk connected all the time for time machine and my apple keyboard and a bluetooth dongle.

so now if i wan't to connect another device it doesn't get detected....until I unplug one of the other devices...as soon as I unplug another device everything is working fine.

can you please help me with that?

Are you only using the USB ports on the backplate? There is one header on the motherboard that will only work with USB3 devices, I am not sure if this is your issue but this was something that stumped me for some time.

I am experiencing the same random freezes. Did applying the MacBook Pro Update 2.0 resolve your issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back