Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. I can't seem to save a copy without it being corrupted. I'd followed the instructions you'd posted (even in my first post), but it doesn't seem to be working.

To be clear, this is what I am doing:

Open IORegistryExplorer
(From top Bar) File>Save a Copy as>Save file to desktop

There doesn't seem to be any other way to do this, so I'm confused as to why the files are corrupting. Any ideas?

There doesn't seem to be any other way to do this, so I'm confused as to why the files are corrupting. Any ideas?
Appears to be a feature in the new release. Try v2.1 attached to post 1 of the Guide.

Hi guys! I've recently build another hack for my friend and on his UD5H board green port is working perfectly.
I checked out his MB revision, and it says rev 1.0. Bios F14.

Tell me if you need IOreg or something.

Hi guys! I've recently build another hack for my friend and on his UD5H board green port is working perfectly.
I checked out his MB revision, and it says rev 1.0. Bios F14.
Confirm iTunes sound with the following settings:
1. System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers and speakers connected to motherboard green port
2. System Preferences/Sound/Output/Headphones and headphones connected to case front green port

Reply with an IOReg for #2.

Alright, that did the trick. Compressed file is attached.

I obviously don't have audio in OSX, so I can't help with troubleshooting ports just yet. But I'll boot into windows and see if the green port physically works, seeing as there seems to be some debate as to whether it was functioning at all for any OS. I'll update this post when I get a chance.

As of right now, I can confirm that the headphone port that connects to the motherboard works (I'm using a Cooler Master Haf X case), at least using Windows 7. Not sure if that helps at all.

EDIT: Green Port works on Windows 7. So I wouldn't say that the hardware is the problem.

Also, I checked my BIOS settings. I'm running on F7 for what it's worth. Couldn't find my board revision number though...where is the best place to look for that information?

Attachments

• Lisa Starratt’s MacBook Pro.zip
    478.4 KB · Views: 76
Alright, that did the trick. Compressed file is attached.

I obviously don't have audio in OSX, so I can't help with troubleshooting ports just yet. But I'll boot into windows and see if the green port physically works, seeing as there seems to be some debate as to whether it was functioning at all for any OS. I'll update this post when I get a chance.
There is a hardware problem with the Z77X-UD5H_rev 1.0. OS X and Linux cannot turn the green port amp on. Black and orange ports work. Your IOReg says black, orange and SPDIFOut are working. What audio problem are you trying to solve?

Confirm iTunes sound with the following settings:
1. System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers and speakers connected to motherboard green port
2. System Preferences/Sound/Output/Headphones and headphones connected to case front green port

Reply with an IOReg for #2.

I can confirm both #1 and #2

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    451.3 KB · Views: 86
Thanks. IOReg does not show iTunes or headphones. Run IOReg when iTunes is playing through the headphones.

I've attached new version.

P.S. I've also changed smbios to Mac Pro to fix sound popping issue.

Attachments

• ioreg2.zip
    455.6 KB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back