Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't own the GA-Z77X-UD5H. Every time someone says they have green port audio, I ask for confirmation. No one has confirmed green port audio working on any BIOS version. If you say it works on F7 or F8, run the following experiment.

Install F7 or F8
Install MultiBeast 5.0.2/Without DSDT/ALC898
Restart
Play something in iTunes
1. System Preferences/Sound/Output/Select Internal Speakers, verify sound on green port speakers, make a copy of IOReg.
2. Plug in Headphones, System Preferences/Sound/Output/Select Headphones, verify sound on headphones, make a copy of IOReg.

Reply with IORegs attached.

I know this response is a bit late, but FWIW, I have audio working perfectly on my GA-Z77X-UD5H using either the green port or the front panel green port (with headphones). I'm on firmware F8. I would attach IORegs but I don't know what that is, sorry.

I would attach IORegs but I don't know what that is, sorry.
[Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg

Make an IOReg for your current system.

If you have not installed the latest AppleHDA_v2.3.1, run this and reply with another IOReg:
MultiBeast 5.1.3 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC898

@ awer25

Are you sure it's the Rev.1 Board that you have ? I'm asking because it seems that Gigabyte did a Rev.1.1 and that Board seems to have Fixed the Green Port Issue. I believe the Only Place to know this without having certain Windows programs installed (AIDA,Sandra...etc) is physically looking at the Board next to the graphics or memory slots .......

I installed a fresh installation today, with the settings you suggested, but I cannot seem to get audio from any port. They show in the "output" panel of system prefrences>sound. I'm using the F14 BIOS

Attachments

• Dylan’s Mac Pro.zip
    543.1 KB · Views: 102
I installed a fresh installation today, with the settings you suggested, but I cannot seem to get audio from any port. They show in the "output" panel of system prefrences>sound. I'm using the F14 BIOS
What are you connecting to what port with what audioselected
What are you using to verify sound
1. What speaker
2. What ports (motherboard/case & color)
3. What audio devices (System Preferences/Sound/Output/Selection)
4. What application

I tried using my logitech X-230 desk speakers, and I was playing demo on iTunes. I also tried just changing the audio levels from the top right hand corner of the desktop and I get no conformation beeps, as well as no sound bar indication on the sound panel. I do have a webcam plugged in via USB that is registering as an input device.

The speakers are plugged into the green port and get no signal on any of the four output options.
I wasn't previously getting any signal out of the black port, but now I am with the second "Line Out" option, that you had suggested earlier in the thread.

I tried using my logitech X-230 desk speakers, and I was playing demo on iTunes.

The speakers are plugged into the green port and get no signal on any of the four output options.
Green front and rear ports do not work; orange and black ports work.
1st Line Out is Orange/Motherboard
2nd Line Out is Black/Motherboard

Hi, everyone, looking to get some similar help.

I've attached my IOreg file, I'm hoping someone can decipher it to figure out what is causing my audio problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• thalassIOreg1.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back