Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you unzip the saved bios profile before trying to load it?

If it is still stuck at the apple logo, I would reboot with -v and search on the internet with the last message displayed before it gets stuck to see what others have found as a solution.

The only way it boots is if i add the pciuid string listed before, i am going to try -v and see waht happens

i get this message when booting with -v
kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a kernel[0]: -- power management

Thank You Joncas for your guide!!!, you really helped me out a lot on my first rig built from scratch getting the OS configured ,

So i got the system up and running, with full INtel HD 4000 enabled, I did add a kernel flag ncpi=x2000 and gave me full acceleration on HDMI and DVI only,

with Kernel Flag npci=0x2000 it does not let me boot into ML with a VGA connected Monitor it stops at the apple log

However with kernel flag npci=0x2000 added it enabled HD4000 with my 1080p right away!!

Withouth kernel Flag it does boot with the graphics mode 1920x1080x32 only with the 64mb no acceleration,

Thank you Joncas for the guide and "x3m "for the kernel flag reminder

Great -- so glad it finally works!
VGA is problematic on the hackintoshes ...

Obviously I find this guide exactly one day after I finally got my Hackintosh to work :banghead:

I pretty much did everything just as you described it (or rather, those are the things I should have done and that eventually worked out).

Though when the 10.8.2 Update came out, I updated the Unibeast USB Drive to save me the hassle of updating later on.
And for the graphics, all I did was installing Chimera 1.11.1.
After the second reboot I ended up with a kernel panic, booted in -v -x, I found the solution for my problem here.

I will try to solve the sound with a LogiLink 7.1 Dolby USB Sound Box.

Still, big thanks for the wonderfully comprehensive Guide! Would have saved my quite some time
:D

After the second reboot I ended up with a kernel panic, booted in -v -x, I found the solution for my problem here.

Hi,

With a clean 10.8.2 install I never had that problem -- I thought it only came on 10.8.0 systems that run the upgrade without a clean re-install?

Did anybody get sound to work on the Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h? Sofar my only way of getting sound is via airplay. But that's not very convenient.
Thanks
dkandy64

Sound worked fine on my build, GA-Z77X-UD3H. Using 10.8 and last Voodoo HDA driver from multibeast.

I had to enable sse2 in the voodoo prefpane to eliminate static.

Other then that it works fantastic.

Thanks. I'll try that.
dkandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back