Contribute
Register

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i5-3570k / HD4000 works except for Via sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stanimir Nikolov,

Definitely best to first do a clean install using only the absolute minimum, which means UserDSDT/DSDT-free and Ethernet driver.
Then make a clone with SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner so you have something to fall back on when experimenting with additional mods.

The voodoo stuff is tricky, so if you can't get sound to work, just use a USB audio device.

Good Luck!
Robert

Joncas you were right, thanks man.
Everything is fine now.
I am in the Mac with the bare minimum. (DSDT... + Atheros + 6950 removed from the pci socket)
Now there are only three things that I should figure it out.

1.Is there a way to make a back-up with some free software?
2.Is the hd4000 fully accelerated?
3.Is there a way to make the mac understand that it should boot with the HD 4000 no mater is there a 6950 plugged in a PCI slot?

PP. If you are interested in what was the issue with my hackintosh here what was the deal.
I do all the steps as they were described, but when I do the restart(with 6950 plugged, but dvi cable connected to the MB),
it goes to the boot screen (this one with the red apple) then it load a little bit and grey window appear with nothing on it.
Then I decide to see what is going on with the signal from the 6950 and BADUPMTS :headbang: there it was the login screen.
I successfully go in the mac but when I reboot there was no signal on both dvis.

Hello,

For backups, Superduper is free and works fine ( http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html )
CarbonCopyCloner (www.bombich.com) is equally good, but after the initial free trial period it has to be paid for ...

The HD4000 should be fully accelerated as is.

For the radeon 6950, I have no experience with this -- please search the forum or the web in general!

Good Luck!

I've installed and setup everything as per OP's instruction, but I just can't get it to boot off the hard drive. It comes up and asks for a system boot disk. The only way I can get ML 10.8.2 to 'boot' is via the USB stick and select the ML drive.

Any suggestions? This is my first hackintosh build, and everything else works (less sound right now).

Thanks!

UPDATE: Apparently I was trying to boot the drive as EFI, when it shouldn't have been. It's working now except for now the graphics are hosed. Off to find a solution for that.

Apparently I was trying to boot the drive as EFI, when it shouldn't have been. It's working now except for now the graphics are hosed. Off to find a solution for that.

Hi,

I would try unplugging the nVidia 670 and using the integrated graphics ...

Good Luck!

Thanks, working great with the HD4000.

I tried the Voodo audio driver VT2021 2.7.2 as several people said was working, but it just gave me kernel panics so I did a re-install without it. This hackintosh is faster than my Mac Pro at the office, even with the HD4000 video.

Hi,
I tried to install Mountain Lion on a Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h / i7-3770k / HD4000
Everything, that should work, is working fine :)

But I had to add Kernel Flag npci=0x2000 because HD4000 does not work without it!
Maybe it will help someone.

Thank Joncas for your guide!

^^ I'm new to hackintoshing but can't wait to try this setup out!

USB ports not working

Hello, I just bought this board and have the same i5 processor.
I have most things working fine except USB.

The only 2 USB ports that are working are the ones next to the Ethernet port.
I have my USB mouse and keyboard plugged into this.
My USB 3 backup drive works on these ports. However, if I plug in the backup drive - the other port next to this does not seem to work.

None of my other peripherals connected to these 2 ports are recognized although they seem to power up when connected.

None of the other USB ports seems to work - but they also power up the peripherals when connected.

I have xHCI mode set to Auto.
USB Controller enabled

XHCI and EHCI hand off enabled.

The USB ports work when I have my windows partition active.

THanks for any help.

Hello, I just bought this board and have the same i5 processor.
I have most things working fine except USB.

The only 2 USB ports that are working are the ones next to the Ethernet port.

The USB ports work when I have my windows partition active.

THanks for any help.

Hi,

This is because the other ports are controlled by a VIA chip that is not supported on OS-X -- the only solution is to use a front panel header connected to the internal USB ports on the motherboard.

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, my front panel USB 3 ports also do not seem to work. I think this is an issue with the case. I have a Corsair 300R case. Will likely call their tech support.
The ports don't also work on my Windows partition.

What would be the reason that only these 2 ports work - is it a different chip.
the only peripherals that seem to work on these ports are a usb mouse and keyboard.
If I plug anything else such as my printer or a 2.0 USB hub - they are not recognized and they seem to make the mouse jumpy.

Would a USB 2.0 or 3.0 PCI card work?

THanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back