Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought Z68x-UD3H-B3/2500/4G*4/GV-N98TOC-1GI/Seagate 1TB for my Build,I used to have P55-UD6/i5-750 with other component,I ran P55-UD6 for Mac very well ,So I upgrade to SB.
Some problems I meet:
1.Sound card driver wrong(but still have sound)
2.NIC wrong:8169 but mine is 8111E(but still work)
3.Booting unstable , sometimes well , sometimes KP.

My trying process:
iBoot=>10.6 DVD install ok=>no update & multibeast with dsdt (F4)=>can't boot to Mac
=>put iBoot to boot in Mac=>Updatehelper & reboot=>10.6.8 update(v1.0) ok=>reboot to Mac fail
=>put iBoot again to Mac=>Multibeast with dsdt(8XX+rollback/realtek 8xxx)=>reboot KP
=>iboot to Mac again=>multibeast,multibeast,multibeast....again & again

I install realtek 8xxx can't work , install lnx2mac(it say that can't support 8111E,install debug mode or can't work , only see the NIC but always shows cable not plug)
Sound card in the beginning works , but sound like poooooo,after install non-dsdt 889 patch , it works normal , but system show 886?

I met twice crashs after sleep , but I turn it off already , only screen saver active , So I turn them all off now.

I also met radom KP when booting , restart and put iBoot disk to Mac and repair disk sevel time .

My old P55-UD6 work perfect , Thanks all to help us .

I could make a guide to have it work 100% and 100% correct.
Apart from the sleep issue, you need to double press yout powerbutton/mouse/kayboard twice to wake it up, I got it to work 100% like a real mac.
Well that is if you don't take USB3 into account.
So far only tried OSX Lion but I can tell you, this is by far the best PC I ever had, it just works and really well at that. With your hardware there shouldn't be any issues whatsoever.

Thanks all great guys to help us........
I clean my HDD and do it again , Now my Mac seem to be normal .
I reinstall all system,multibeast once and restart,updatehelper install and restart,10.6.8 combo update(v1.1) finished and restart,multibeast again,restart and finished....
But this time I put iBoot 3.1.0,not 3.1.1,user dsdt F4,audio with non-dsdt 889(It's okey this time),realtek driver okey this time(no lnx...).
I try auto dsdt,but I can't fix it,so I back to multibeast,I put 4GB*4 all time,when iBoot in Mac,It show 4gb ram,When I boot in normal step,it show all,So I think I can put rams on board,I brought a 3 hdds hot swap box(with independ power botton),I can shot down computer and off my win7 hdd and on Mac hdd then power on , so I keep 2 system clean and independ to other, put 1 hdd for data exchange,Now I try to make my onboard raid partition for mac .
My install finally stop in 10.6.8,wait for apple's install dvd for 10.7.X.

Where is post installtion folder

I am trying too install Snow Leopard. Did all steps except last one. Cannot find post installation folder. Where do I get it?

Badeendje said:
Apart from the sleep issue, you need to double press yout powerbutton/mouse/kayboard twice to wake it up, I got it to work 100% like a real mac.
So far only tried OSX Lion but I can tell you, this is by far the best PC I ever had, it just works and really well at that. With your hardware there shouldn't be any issues whatsoever.
Could you make a guide (please in detale i new in Hack) I have simmilar cofiguration and i planning run lion for adobe and final cut I also bought OCZ vertix 3- 120 gb

Badeendje said:
Can your please make this guide, cause i'm now so unlucky after i switch from an asus board to this board. The same board on this thread. ga-z68x-ud3h-b3.

I experience all kind of problem and can't get pass 10.6.3 since that the retail version of snow leopard. What i meant can't get pass their is by, after multibeast installed, i plug in my graphic card, it won't boot up. Also if i don't plug in my graphic card, i got stand resolution. I need a guide on this board badly.

Badeendje said:
...Apart from the sleep issue, you need to double press yout powerbutton/mouse/kayboard twice to wake it up, ...

What is your DVD drive? Apple only supports Sony and Pioneer drives natively in Mac OS X. Thus, in the tonymacx86 Recommend Builds, the Sony AD-736x series is recommended. Newegg.

Some DVD drives can walk-up from sleep naturally when a DVD/CD is inserted before sleep is initiated.

But, for $25 USD shipped, the Sony drive is the way to go.

thanks for the info here.
I got this board and is is working great.

Some minor things like audio not being perfect, but it all works and it is making me very happy.

Cheers!

Hey guys, i have the same hardware :) do u have skype/icq, interested in some chatting/experimenting with this?
and xxxx-xxxxx are u german? would be cool to talk in me prefered language about this :)

sorry if bumping this thread is not the preferred way for me to ask my question:

so:
GA-Z68X-ud3h-b3
GeForce 8600 GT
WD 1TB Caviar Black
GSkill 8G DDR3 ram
D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N

had some problems on install:
- the first problem was a flickering screen then crash at the Timezone select screen in the install.. re-partitioned, re-installed, just picked Cupertino and changed later.
- second problem was crash screen after MultiBeast.. realized i just needed to be more choosy on what options i selected. re-partitioned, re-installed.

now, everything seemed ok until i tried to watch some Youtube vids (mainly to test sound) .. im not sure it's cuza Flash, but after installing it i noticed an occasional screen flicker. eventually, that flicker turned into the same quickly repeating flicker and then crash that i saw in the Timezone select screen. (btw, i still see screen flicker in Timezone setting in the Sys Prefs, but no crash)

anyone know whats going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back