Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try removing the graphics card. I used the onboard DVI to go through the install process. If this allows you to proceed then you can re-install the card and find a work around after Snow Leopard is installed and running. Also, double check the BIOS settings.

Tried it and still not working. I also tried removing RAM, switching to D-Sub and disconnecting everything except DVD.

I am uploading screen from iBoot menu. I also checked BIOS setting - AHCI + HPET 64b.

Attachments

• IMG_20110627_134802.jpg
    IMG_20110627_134802.jpg
    993.6 KB · Views: 463
Any help please?

Does it works with OS Lion?

Dual Monitors working?

*LATEST EDIT*
I've fixed my issues. I think I would've been fine before had I not done a few things wrong.

First thing I did wrong was I ran the UpdateHelper after I ran the ComboUpdate. I had some instructions from before it was the most recent UpdateHelper version. This one you only run once and that's before you run the ComboUpdate to 10.6.8. Remember you need to restart after running UpdateHelper, then run the ComboUpdate once you are back to your desktop. This was my main problem.

Some other minor things I did wrong was installing Chameleon boot loader from Multibeast when I was using a DSDT. Chameleon is only for people who don't use a DSDT or EasyBeast as it states which I didn't read til now. Basically that really bogged up the boot process.

Now everything is working except my HD6870 doesn't have the 2nd DVI port active which is annoying. I hear the DisplayPort works but I don't have an adapter to test with.

=============================================================
Original Post
I've been having problems with getting my ethernet to work. I installed using a 10.6.4 CD and iBoot 3.1.1. I was a little uncertain as to the process to update to 10.6.8 with some of the instructions I was reading for SandyBridge. I may have messed something up because I ran the UpdateHelper both before and after the ComboUpdate. I have tried with the latest Multibeast to get the Ethernet working but it hasn't decided to cooperate yet.

I just decided to do a BIOS update to F4 (I was on F3) and see if that helps. Also I did use the DSDT from the DSDT Database for the F3 install. Hopefully there's some odd quirk with F3 that made the Ethernet not work and now that I'm on F4 it will work. I really have nothing to lose right now so I'm trying whatever I can.

Something else I'm curious about... I am using an XFX HD6870 throughout the entire install process. I am not sure whether there is problems behind the scenes with me doing this but as far as a visual goes.. it works and after the 10.6.8 update it recognizes it without me loading drivers. I'm not 100% sure stuff like QE/CI are working as I haven't gotten to the point where I'm testing that yet since my Ethernet is broke. So question is, do I need to run off the onboard video during install process or am I OK not doing that?

Thanks!

PykaTux said:
Hi I have problem with running install DVD.

I am using retail DVD from Apple Store, it's 10.6.0 i think. I have used it many times on different PCs. Now I have problem with running it on my upgraded machine.

I have this motherboard, i5 2500K, 8GB RAM and ATi HD4850 from Gainward.

On my old PC with same GPU I had no problem with running installer.

Even in Chameleon I have some corrupted graphics, but after booting install DVD only this appears. Anybody helps me please? Thanks.

You might want to try an install without the video card. I have the exact same components (not sure about your hard drive). Other than switching between a usb and a regular keyboard a couple of times, the install went smoothly. I'm using the F3 Bios.

I don't have sleep working yet, but everything else seems to be 100%.

Anyone have a fix for the sleep issue?

Did any of you get the USB3 ports to work in lion? The Lacie drivers are giving me KP, they're ment for snow leo anyways.

My only problem not working right is sleep: My hack pro will go into sleep, wake up but I can't login till I replug the keyboard. Somehow the USB2 ports don't wake up properly and it would be a nice thing if the USB3 ports did.

Also the only other thing I noticed, the disks on the controller are seen as removable disks (thus being yellow). It's purely a cosmethics thing but sure would be nice to fix it. I tried AHCIPortInjector.kext that worked for this kind of bug before but now it won't...

Anyways if anyone can point to the USB2/3-Sleep problem that would be extremely helpful :D

Badeendje said:
Also the only other thing I noticed, the disks on the controller are seen as removable disks (thus being yellow). It's purely a cosmethics thing but sure would be nice to fix it. I tried AHCIPortInjector.kext that worked for this kind of bug before but now it won't...

I don't have a hackintosh yet, but i'm planning on building one with the same motherboard. Could you run multibeast and check "IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector", under "Disk"? Shouldn't that fix the problem?

I tried some versions, and finally found a version that worked, though it broke sleep.
Now I removed it and sleep still isn't back, trying to figure out what;s causing it now since it did work before I applied the kext.

Edit:
Finally fixed everything but a small problem with sleep: I got to press the powerbutton twice!
First one gets the pc back on, 2nd press gets me to the login screen. It used to go to the loginscreen at once. I could post the log from the event but there isn't much to see really, at least for me. While searching for this problem I haven't come across any usefull information really. I just found out I really can't use NullCPUPowermanagement as it will break sleep for sure, but I see no need for it in my build anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back