Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I apologize ahead of time if this is not posted where it's supposed to be posted. I also apologize if this was posted once before, but I used the search feature and I found a lot of info but for the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard and not the GA-Z68M-D2H that I have.

So I am attempting to dual boot Windows 8.1 and Yosemite. I have each OS on different SSDs. Once I install OSX, it runs without any issues that I notice (goes to Sleep and everything). The same goes with Windows 8.1, it runs smoothly after I install it. So each OS works fine when only one SSD is connected to the motherboard, but as soon as I connect both SSDs to the motherboard things go south.

The SSD with OSX has first boot priority so that the Chameleon boot-loader can do it's thing and let me choose which OS to boot into. When I get to the Chameleon boot-loader, I have the option to choose OSX, the partition for the Windows boot-loader, and Windows 8.1's partition.

-When I choose OSX: it boots.
-When I choose the partition for the Windows boot-loader: it crashes at boot, I get the new blue screen with the sad face :( and the options to either reset or repair Windows.

Then after that if I try to boot into OSX, it crashes at boot. I get a slow Apple logo load screen then a little crossed out circle thingy over the Apple logo. I don't know where to go from here. Each OS works flawlessly by itself but as soon as I try to dual-boot everything blows up in my face.

Has anybody successfully dual-booted Yosemite and Windows 8.1 with this set up? If so, I could use a handout, please. I hope that the information I’ve included in this post is sufficient. If there is more information about my setup needed, I’d be glad to include whichever detail that is missing.

Thank you in advance,

SpoonKahoon

Still running osx on your z68m-d2h ? Im wondering what OS versions this motherboard supports.

Still running osx on your z68m-d2h ? Im wondering what OS versions this motherboard supports.

Lion through El Capitan will all work with no problems. Just follow the appropriate install guide
for each version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back