Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5 Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I'm using an x58a-ud3r (rev:1) F5 with i7930 and 6gb ram.

Upgraded from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 and everything is great except the sound. I have used lotech's extras folder and DSDT and rolled back the appleHDA via multibeast with no luck. Performed a fresh install on a new HDD and the result is the same no audio. Inside about my mac it lists ok as 889 with all the ins and outs.

I am really at a loss as everyone else here seems to just need to roll back and audio is all good but its just not working for me.

Lotech do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again.

I just copied my AppleHDA.kext from my backup second boot - which is the AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2. Once I did that - along with the old/current LegacyHDA.kext and DSDT it all worked on reboot. So nothing special - same LegacyHDA & DSDT.

Thanks for that. Its exactly what I have done, after your post I even went online to find a vanilla version of appleHDA and manually installed it.. Still no good.

Looks like I will have to move back to 10.6.3.....

I know you all know what I am talking about when you sit there, put your head in your hands and wonder why why why! Who ever said that a hackintosh wont take a few years off your life! :lol:

i7 920 + x58a-ud3r + 9600GT

now i installed osx and update to 10.6.2 with multibeast.

i have problem while i try to install sound , lan and Graphic card driver

in multibeast step i checked
- supported cpu
- A889
-RL1000

and do this step
10. DSDT
Get DSDT.aml from download/file.php?id=624 and copy it to /Extras. Reboot and you should have sound and your sleep function should work properly. Be careful, though - if your hardware differs from mine it could cause serious issues.

but not work

so i reinstall osx and update 10.6.2 step by step again
but do Graphic card drive first
by using step
. reboot -x (as in Safe Mode)
3. install aqua-mac's package
http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/N ... s.zip.html
4. reboot
5. install NVDarwin 1.2.3 and CHOOSE Custom Install. Check the box with the correct memory size for your card. Example mine is 512MB, so I checked that one. (Thanks nz_mitch)
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=125106
(Link is to NVDarwin posting. It's got new 1.2.4 release. I haven't used it, but people have reported that it works in place of NVDarwin 1.2.3 using the steps here minus the memory size choosing.)
6. reboot

after reboot it show blackscreen with "waitfor service(CPUmanagement)"

Can you guide me to fix audio and graphic card driver ?

thank
bew

Doc_Tor said:
Hi all.

I'm using an x58a-ud3r (rev:1) F5 with i7930 and 6gb ram.

Upgraded from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 and everything is great except the sound. I have used lotech's extras folder and DSDT and rolled back the appleHDA via multibeast with no luck. Performed a fresh install on a new HDD and the result is the same no audio. Inside about my mac it lists ok as 889 with all the ins and outs.

I am really at a loss as everyone else here seems to just need to roll back and audio is all good but its just not working for me.

Lotech do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again.
As an experiment, I'd delete the appleHDA and associated kexts from S/L/E and then run MultiBeast again. That worked for me once before, and I believe MultiBeast as well as kext utility don't remove [offending] kexts, so if the conflicting kext is still there, it'll get recompiled when you install the rollback and Legacy 889 kexts.

Hi guys, thanks so much for this great guide, I'm having a little problem waking up from sleep, was wondering if anyone had any pointers. The computer goes to sleep just fine, and when I shake the mouse to wake it up, it comes back on fine but then I get the endless rainbow spinning wheel and my system hangs, no choice but to hold the power button to shut it down, and then restart. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

Have you selected restart on power failure in the system preferences? Its something i overlooked originally however tickimg it
solved all the sleep problems.

Since I have Win7 and OSx on 1 HDD, I am getting Kernel Panics in Win7 occasionally.

I am going to re-do my system for Win7 only untill I get a 2nd hard drive dedicated for OSx

Untill than I will go about a 10.6.4 guide to replace or go by side with my 10.6.3 guide in page 17-19 I think

First attempt is without the DSDT, 2nd is with it.

I might wait till 10.6.5 when they hopefully add real USB 3.0 support, and TRIM for SSDs, possibly NV 4xx / ATI 5xxx support also. that might be the time to buy a new Hard Drive and all. for now i'm broke.

I have this Motherboard up and running with the install method here.
One problem.

The Little Firewire port works
The larger one does not.

Does anyone know how to add a Firewire port?
Why does it just detect it ?

Thanks

Never mind I got it working by trashing the NetworkInterfaces.plist in the prefs under library and having both ports plugged into any FW device then rebooting.

Works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back