Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5 Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlooked your email with the components list. Since you're using the NVidia 9800, just select the NVidia video in MultiBeast.

Thanks for your fast answer, but tell me, what items Do you think I need to install from the MultiBeas? I mean, if I deleted the Extra folder from the hard drive and copy your Extra folther from your zip file, why I need to run MultiBeast? I need to isntall some kind of iportant item?
The version of my mother board it´s V1.
I think it´s the same hard of you.
Tomorrow I´ll buy a hard drive to made a new instalation, I have a OSX 10,6,3 Retail DVD. I want to make a clean instalation becasue I´m a little tired to re install all the softwre again and again.
Thanks and I tell you what happend.

Charies

charies said:
Thanks for your fast answer, but tell me, what items Do you think I need to install from the MultiBeas? I mean, if I deleted the Extra folder from the hard drive and copy your Extra folther from your zip file, why I need to run MultiBeast? I need to isntall some kind of iportant item?
The version of my mother board it´s V1.
I think it´s the same hard of you.
Tomorrow I´ll buy a hard drive to made a new instalation, I have a OSX 10,6,3 Retail DVD. I want to make a clean instalation becasue I´m a little tired to re install all the softwre again and again.
Thanks and I tell you what happend.

Charies
Make certain the DSDT.aml is on your desktop.
Delete your /Extra folder
In MultiBeast, select:
UserDSDT
ALC889
AppleHDA 10.6.2 rollback
NVEnabler 64
JMicron36xATA
JMicron36xeSATA
RealtekR000SL
Utilities
fakeSMC
com.apple.boot.plist (either the 64-bit verbose or apple boot)
iMac 11,1 core i7 symbios
Whatever theme you wish (I use Tonymacx86)
All of the OSX86 stuff ... kext utility, hidden file viewer, etc.

Thanks for everyone to help me in the upgrade to 10.6.3.
Now I can boot the OSX 10.6.3, i change my conection to DVI in the 2 monitors.
My problem was that one of my monitors was plugin via HDMI, and HDMI works under 10.6.2 but not under 10.6.3
I use lotech´s DSDT and I run MultiBeast 2,02.
My problem this time, is the audio, not work for me.
I install from MultiBeast/ Advanced Options/ Kexts/ Audio/ LegacyHDA/ ALC889
then from Advanced Options/ Kexts/ Audio/ AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback
I´m a little doubt, I need to install from Advanced Options/ Kexts/ Audio/ HDAEnabler/ ALC889 ? what the different with the first kext I installed ?

And of course I install the graphics, lan, Sata etc. from MuliBeast.
But audio didn´t work.

If you have another suggest for me, I appreciate so much.

Charies

10.6.4 update

Well I've updated to 10.6.4 - it's working but not with out some issues.

You'll need to rollback to AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2 again but otherwise sound works.

The big one -

The old sleepenabler.kext causes KP and will need updating (see this file/thread). I found that after updating though I got KPs related to AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext. I could get it to boot by adding pmVersion=0 to com.apple.boot.plist - this will disable sleepenabler.kext temporarily for now until someone figures out a fix.
You will have to choose between sleep or having native Apple Power Management at the moment. So those of you using my Extras folder might want to install NullCPUManagement.kext again in /e/e (and thus disabling Apple PM and letting sleepenabler.kext work). I haven't tried this yet but will in a minute.

Re: 10.6.4 update

lotech said:
Well I've updated to 10.6.4 - it's working but not with out some issues.

You'll need to rollback to AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2 again but otherwise sound works.

The big one -

The old sleepenabler.kext causes KP and will need updating (see this file/thread). I found that after updating though I got KPs related to AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext. I could get it to boot by adding pmVersion=0 to com.apple.boot.plist - this will disable sleepenabler.kext temporarily for now until someone figures out a fix.
You will have to choose between sleep or having native Apple Power Management at the moment. So those of you using my Extras folder might want to install NullCPUManagement.kext again in /e/e (and thus disabling Apple PM and letting sleepenabler.kext work). I haven't tried this yet but will in a minute.

I also deleted AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement as it was causing kp. However, I left sleepenabler.kext and no kp. Further, I can put the computer to sleep, and bring it out with either mouse movement or keystroke, so I suspect it's no longer needed. Of course, it would be nice to re-enable speedstep.

thank for nice guide,

i'm using X58A-UD3R + i7 920 +12GB ram

i have the problem on your 2nd step.

i'm sure that i connect my destination drive to SATA port 0.

but still get "waiting for root device" error

why that ?

try agian with iboot nvdia.iso burning on XP

and did in this step
- boot with iboot disc
- eject iboot then insert LP 10.6.2 disc
- wait and F5 then select LP 10.6.2 disc and [ENTER]

it's show a boot screen a while, then PC rebooted!!

why that ?

Try booting and typing -v on the menu. This boots the DVD in verbose mode and show a bunch of info and what is crashing it. One general recommendation is to install with just 2gb of ram to start with and install more once its working.

lotech.

The zip file you attach in your post are the files you need to run the 10.6.4 upgrade only?
not for the 10.6.3, that´s right?

Hey!! with your DSDT V2 I can run video and audio with 10.6.3, thanks a lot for shared it.
Tell me, exist the way to plug in one of my monitors by HDMI like in the pass (10,6,2)or not?

My configuration it´s GA X58a UD3R F5, NV 9800 GT 1Gb PNY, Intel i7 930, 6 GB DDR3 OSZ.

Thanks

Charies

charies said:
The zip file you attach in your post are the files you need to run the 10.6.4 upgrade only? not for the 10.6.3, that´s right?
It should work fine with any 10.6 install.

charies said:
Hey!! with your DSDT V2 I can run video and audio with 10.6.3, thanks a lot for shared it.
Tell me, exist the way to plug in one of my monitors by HDMI like in the pass (10,6,2)or not?
I can't be sure as far as you gfx card goes, as there haven't been any real macs with HDMI (until now). Something could have been changed in the apple drivers and it has by coincidence broken your outputs. I had an ATI 4890 card that had DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort - on boot DVI only worked, but once OS-X started it switched to HDMI port only.
It's generally recommended to have 'reference boards' with dual DVI ports and not irregular ports like display port or HDMI. A good list of GFX cards that are 100% compatible is http://www.groths.org/?page_id=74. The page is mainly for ATI cards but theres links to more info for nVidia too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back