Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5 Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using stock GFX card drivers for my card. So other than graphicsenabler=y being set there is no special stuff installed.

I noticed that Grom's original install guide is about 3 months old now and a bunch of things have changed since then.

I've also noticed a lot of people are still having problems getting up and going with this board and since I've been running without problems for 3 months now using pretty much the same hardware running 10.6.3 I thought I would try to help out some.

Now that 10.6.4 is out I am going to backup my system, wipe it and re-install using my Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and 10.6.3 DVD's. I will install each and note any differences so if you have the older or newer dvd there will be no problems. Then I will install the latest 10.6.4 combo updates on both and get them all patched up with everything working properly and after I have done this and I have documented everything I will get it posted with pictures and the required instructions and needed files. Hopefully this will happen sometime next week.

Hopefully... It took me 3 solid 14 hour days of work to get my first system up and learn how the osx86 world works. After I FINALLY got it working right, I wiped my system and was up and going without problems in about 45 minutes working from my instructions. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke I wiped it again and re-installed everything for a second time just to make sure and it worked great so I think I have a handle on most of this. Heck I even modified my own DSDT file and added my processors speed step info into it since it was new at the time and it had not been done by anyone yet.

Please note: I have a 1.0 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R board with F5 BIOS. I would imagine the only tweaks needed for a good installation on the 2.0 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R board will be the different LAN driver install. I don't have that board though so I am afraid I cannot be much help with any problems you have with that one.

Thanks to Grom for the original guide and tonymac for the great iboot and multibeast tools or I probably wouldn't have gotten very far with my own build. They really do simplify things a lot.

-Shawn

Hi Shaunb,

Please, when you're ready,post your updated guide. I have the same configuration running solid day after day, but is always good to compare methods.

cheers

Ric

lotech said:
I've updated the Extras file I uploaded as I've had a chance of a good check through of the DSDT and found all the right mod's are done and some kexts were no longer necessary.
Those of you with a 930 should certainly check it out.
Your DSDT mods, etc. worked perfectly for 10.6.3, but of course, had to try to go to 10.6.4, and now I get kernel panic mismatch between kernel and cpu pm. Some have reported this to be an issue due to the sleepenabler.kext, but I thought it would be appropriate to post the issue here, since it may be related to the DSDT mods and incompatibility with the 10.6.4 kernel that gets installed. I have 10.6.3 running in a different partition, and note that the mach_kernel after the 10.6.4 update is different.
Thoughts?

Hey guys, first hackintosh here. And, for the most part, I've gotten everything working, so woohoo!

Here's the problem. I've updated to 10.6.4 and, oddly, my ethernet no longer works. I've gotten everything else working great using lotech's Extras folder and such (from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=931&start=150), but the Ethernet is killing me. I've tried the RealtekR1000SL.kext, I've tried the kext in E/E that lotech has, and nothing. Does anyone have any ideas up their sleeve (or is anyone experiencing the same thing and can confirm it's a 10.6.4 issue with this board)?

EDIT: I really should be more specific about what's happening. The cord is fully plugged in, the socket light is flashing, and my network preferences say en0 is not connected. Under Status it says "Cable Unplugged". It was working earlier when I was on 10.6.2 (I don't particularly remember if it was working on 10.6.3 or not, or if I even checked).

Here's my setup:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
Intel Core i7-930
NVidia EVGA 9800 GT

Gyroscope352 said:
Hey guys, first hackintosh here. And, for the most part, I've gotten everything working, so woohoo!

Here's the problem. I've updated to 10.6.4 and, oddly, my ethernet no longer works. I've gotten everything else working great using lotech's Extras folder and such (from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=931&start=150), but the Ethernet is killing me. I've tried the RealtekR1000SL.kext, I've tried the kext in E/E that lotech has, and nothing. Does anyone have any ideas up their sleeve (or is anyone experiencing the same thing and can confirm it's a 10.6.4 issue with this board)?

EDIT: I really should be more specific about what's happening. The cord is fully plugged in, the socket light is flashing, and my network preferences say en0 is not connected. Under Status it says "Cable Unplugged". It was working earlier when I was on 10.6.2 (I don't particularly remember if it was working on 10.6.3 or not, or if I even checked).

Here's my setup:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
Intel Core i7-930
NVidia EVGA 9800 GT

hi,

shared files or guide install for
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
Intel Core i7-930

is my pc ;)

Just to let everyone know, it was a hardware issue. Not quite sure what it was... it kind of just fixed itself. so until the next issue i have... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back