Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump... Anyone?

I have this board same bios and revision 2.0 with a Radeon 6770. Have tried all of the boot arguments mentioned in post #13 with chameleon, chimera and clover but can't get to an install screen. Have tried with snow leopard through mountain lion. Can anyone give me somewhere else to start? I really don't want to buy a new video card but if absolutlely needed I will.

I've gotten the 6670 (Gigabyte model) to work with that board, so yours should work as well. Why don't you try flashing the bios to F7 version 2.2 and see if that makes a difference. Is your i5-2500 the K model or just the 2500 without HD3000 gfx ?

If you mean updating the bios, I have updated it to version F7.

- - - Updated - - -

I've gotten the 6670 (Gigabyte model) to work with that board, so yours should work as well. Why don't you try
flashing the bios to version 2.2 and see if that makes a difference.

What steps did you go through to get osx installed, and what version are you running?

If you mean updating the bios, I have updated it to version F7.

- - - Updated - - -

Meant to say version F7 rev. 2.2 There is a difference between 2.0 and 2.2

What steps did you go through to get osx installed, and what version are you running?

Because my board has UEFI I just used the DSDT free install. I couldn't install with the gfx card in though. Had to install using a cpu with igfx. Then put in the card later. Running ML 10.8.2

Mine is UEFI as well, just seem that no matter what I do, I can't even get to the installer. Tried booting from USB and have used many of the disk swap solutions as well. Nothing seems to work. I know it's probably something obvious that I am doing wrong just can't figure it out.

How do you do a DSDT free install?

Mine is UEFI as well, just seem that no matter what I do, I can't even get to the installer. Tried booting from USB and have used many of the disk swap solutions as well. Nothing seems to work. I know it's probably something obvious that I am doing wrong just can't figure it out.

How do you do a DSDT free install?

The first thing to do then is do the install using integrated graphics (hd3000) instead of the 6770. The I5-2500 doesn't have HD3000 so you'll need to use someone else's or get a I3-2105 or 2500k cpu that has HD3000. You could also temporarily use a supported gfx card for the install. Once you have ML installed then do the DSDT free Multi beast install of Chimera and Audio and networking kexts.

Use the following settings for your board.

TRS 2013-05-29 at 9.08.50 PM.png

Hello, guys!

I've been tying for more than a year, with no success, to install Mavericks in the same motherboard as you.

Here's what happens:

I've tried to use all the tools (including UniBeast latest version) to make USB boot disks with many versions of OSX (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and recently, Mavericks) but none of them work except for Snow Leopard.

I have also tried to make a boot disk manually.

Everytime I try to boot using the Mavericks installation disk made using Unibeast, it gets to Chameleon / Chimera and shows the partitions on the disk, which I choose the UniBeast installation disk.

It starts all that loading and before the installation screen should appear, it just reboots the PC.

I've tried all types of boot flags and none of them work as well (npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and etc).

Here are the hardware specs:

- Motherboard: GA-H61M-DS2 Rev. 1.0 F3
- CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 3.1 GHz
- RAM: 2x 4GB Patriot 1333MHz DDR3
- HD: 1TB Samsung 32MB SATA 2 HD103SJ
- Sony Optiarc AD7280 SATA DVD/CD Writter
- VGA: Evga Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 Pci-e (01G-P3-1312-KL)
- Power: ATX 3R System Iceage IA450HP80 450W
- Wifi: TP-Link 150Mbps PCI Express x1 (TL-WN781ND) (Atheros 9285)
- Generic Card Reader (one of those "1000000 in 1")

I have only one HD partitioned in 4: NTFS WIN, HFS+ MAC, HFS+ MAC (tests), NTFS STORAGE

The partition scheme is MBR.

I've tried to use all the tools in their recent versions since the first update of my mobo, updated it to see whether the problem would be solved but to no avail.

Anyone got the same mobo (or specs) and succeeded installing any other version of OSX other than Snow Leopard on this hardware? (Like Lion, ML, or Mavericks?) (or am I just doing something wrong?)

I want to install Mavericks (which I downloaded from the App Store).

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

P.S.: I am currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Here's a video I just made that shows exactly where the problem occurs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CHZ3VIya6c

It happens whether I use Unibeast or any other tools for this same purpose, even when I make the boot disk manually.

P.S.²: It doesn't happen when trying to install Snow Leopard.

Hello, guys!

I've been tying for more than a year, with no success, to install Mavericks in the same motherboard as you.

Here's what happens:

I've tried to use all the tools (including UniBeast latest version) to make USB boot disks with many versions of OSX (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and recently, Mavericks) but none of them work except for Snow Leopard.

I have also tried to make a boot disk manually.

Everytime I try to boot using the Mavericks installation disk made using Unibeast, it gets to Chameleon / Chimera and shows the partitions on the disk, which I choose the UniBeast installation disk.

It starts all that loading and before the installation screen should appear, it just reboots the PC.

I've tried all types of boot flags and none of them work as well (npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and etc).

Here are the hardware specs:

- Motherboard: GA-H61M-DS2 Rev. 1.0 F3
- CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 3.1 GHz
- RAM: 2x 4GB Patriot 1333MHz DDR3
- HD: 1TB Samsung 32MB SATA 2 HD103SJ
- Sony Optiarc AD7280 SATA DVD/CD Writter
- VGA: Evga Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 Pci-e (01G-P3-1312-KL)
- Power: ATX 3R System Iceage IA450HP80 450W
- Wifi: TP-Link 150Mbps PCI Express x1 (TL-WN781ND) (Atheros 9285)
- Generic Card Reader (one of those "1000000 in 1")

I have only one HD partitioned in 4: NTFS WIN, HFS+ MAC, HFS+ MAC (tests), NTFS STORAGE

The partition scheme is MBR.

I've tried to use all the tools in their recent versions since the first update of my mobo, updated it to see whether the problem would be solved but to no avail.

Anyone got the same mobo (or specs) and succeeded installing any other version of OSX other than Snow Leopard on this hardware? (Like Lion, ML, or Mavericks?) (or am I just doing something wrong?)

I want to install Mavericks (which I downloaded from the App Store).

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

P.S.: I am currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Here's a video I just made that shows exactly where the problem occurs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CHZ3VIya6c

It happens whether I use Unibeast or any other tools for this same purpose, even when I make the boot disk manually.

P.S.²: It doesn't happen when trying to install Snow Leopard.

Bump

@trs96

Man, could you please help me out with the problem I'm facing? (described above)

I know you're expert on the subject. I just need a little push here.

In advance, thank you so much!

@trs96

Man, could you please help me out with the problem I'm facing? (described above)

I know you're expert on the subject. I just need a little push here.

In advance, thank you so much!

OK Robert, It would be best if you tried to install on a drive with a single HFS+ formatted
partition. Also known as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with a GUID partition scheme.

Also when you are at the boot selection menu choose USB-HDD and see what happens.

Report back how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back