Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct, you can run OSX dsdt free with that board revision. Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=No as a boot flag :?:
It may be that ML doesn't have the device id for your gfx card. (What is the exact model name of your gfx card BTW) :?:

Also try a verbose -v boot flag to see where you system hangs up and then take a photo of the screen and post it in this thread.

Also make sure to check your bios setup so it matches these:

1) select BIOS features
-set boot priority options
-set HDD boot priority *** DO NOT SELECT THE UEFI HDD !!! It doesn't work.
-disable fill screen logo so you can see the BIOS post
-PCI ROM Priority - select Legacy
-limit CPUID max - disable
execute disable bit - enable
intel virtual - disable
vt-d - disable
Passwords - set if you want - not required
esc back to main menu

2) select peripherals
- lan boot rom - disable
SATA controllers - enable
SATA mode - AHCI
USB controller - enable
audio controller - auto
Init display first - peg
internal graphics - disable
legacy USB - enable
EHCI handoff - enable
port 60/64 - disable
USB storage - auto
Super I/O - disable serial and parallel port if not using them (for printer / scanner, etc.)
esc back to main menu

3) power management
ac back - always off
pwr on by kb - disable
ACPI sleep state - S3 (suspend to ram)
resume by alarm - disable
ErP - disabled (unless you live in some parts of Europe where it is required to be enabled)
High precision event timer - enabled
soft off power button - set to delay 4 sec
internal gfx standby mode - disable
internal gfx deep standby mode - disable
esc back to main menu

select save and exit
-save and exit setup

That's correct, you can run OSX dsdt free with that board revision. Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=No as a boot flag :?:
It may be that ML doesn't have the device id for your gfx card. (What is the exact model name of your gfx card BTW) :?:

Also try a verbose -v boot flag to see where you system hangs up and then take a photo of the screen and post it in this thread.

:cry:I tried to run UniBeast USB with all recommend flags include: PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, -v, -x and -v -f, but only flag -x and -v -f bring me to installation screen. I have not any Discrete graphic card. My Graphics is: Intel HD Graphics 1000 (GT1)

A photo is taken when system hangs up with -v flag:

With MultiBeast
I install successful audio driver, network ... but i can't enable boot from hardware even tick on UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation or EasyBeast Installation option or directly install Chimera v1.11.1 r1394 follow path "Drivers & Bootloaders/Bootloaders/".
Here is the result when i try to boot from hardware:

:cry:I tried to run UniBeast USB with all recommend flags include: PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, -v, -x and -v -f, but only flag -x and -v -f bring me to installation screen. I have not any Discrete graphic card. My Graphics is: Intel HD Graphics 1000 (GT1)
Your main problem is due to trying to use the integrated HD1000 graphics of the pentium G860 . They do not work with
OSX at all. The good news :) is that you can simply install a GT640 graphics card and then you'll be able to proceed with the install. Depending on the size of your case, the MSI GT640 would be a good choice. The other option would be to replace the CPU (G860) with an I3-2105 which has integrated HD3000 graphics. It's available for about $115.00 at Newegg so it would cost about the same as a graphics card.

Get yourself one or the other, give it a try and then report back with your results.

Your main problem is due to trying to use the integrated HD1000 graphics of the pentium G860 . They do not work with
OSX at all.
I have not any Discrete graphic card. I think it not a main reason for why i can't boot from hard drive :crazy:.

I have not any Discrete graphic card. I think it not a main reason for why i can't boot from hard drive :crazy:.

You NEED a discrete graphics card with that CPU. You will not boot successfully without one because the onboard graphics on the CPU is not supported.

You NEED a discrete graphics card with that CPU. You will not boot successfully without one because the onboard graphics on the CPU is not supported.

Sorry for not right information about my graphics. The CPU-Z soft show it in Intel HD 1000 (GT1) but it exactly is Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000 integrated with the processor. Is it also a reason for my failure?

Sorry for not right information about my graphics. The CPU-Z soft show it in Intel HD 1000 (GT1) but it exactly is Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000 integrated with the processor. Is it also a reason for my failure?

The easiest solution is to get a GT640 card. A GTX650 will work as well. They both work out of box with ML :!:
Just use GraphicsEnabler=No Good luck.

Update: May 2013.

For an even lower budget solution that works out of box with 10.8.3 and up. Get the Nvidia GT610 will work out of box without any added kexts.

Hi,

I've successfully installed Mac OSX on this Motherboard (F7 Bios, Rev 2.2), with a Core i7 2600k, Geforce GT220, and 8Gb Ram.
Follow method Iboot + Multibeast, and no DSDT was needed.

Installed Realtek Audio and LAN Kexts, and the geforce worked Out of Box.

In the EFI configured the SATA mode in AHCI.

The system is working flawessly with Pro Tools 9 HD.

I hope this helps someone.

I have this board same bios and revision 2.0 with a Radeon 6770. Have tried all of the boot arguments mentioned in post #13 with chameleon, chimera and clover but can't get to an install screen. Have tried with snow leopard through mountain lion. Can anyone give me somewhere else to start? I really don't want to buy a new video card but if absolutlely needed I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back