Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H F11 Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello frey,

So, i understand that with the DSDT.aml you get system working as expected only the hard problem you have to switch-off cable?

Thank you.

amilmac said:
Hello frey,

So, i understand that with the DSDT.aml you get system working as expected only the hard problem you have to switch-off cable?

Thank you.

Yeah, but the switch off problem isn't as clear as I thought. It sometimes works fine then sometimes not.

frey said:
... so I seem to have fixed my boot black screen problem:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=13711

But you only are able to get up 1024x768, right?

I get some news also regarding the issue, and definitively the root issue is graphics card (my gforce 210).

So here the results....

The cause of black screen was in this case the "NVDA50" kext. Once removed this kext i am able to boot ok, resolution 1024x768 (my monitor max. resolution is 1366x768) and in SystemProfiler i can see "Gforce 210".
So, investigating the "Graphics Enabler" Yes in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist + NVDA50 kext was "killing" system.. If I remove Graphics Enabler from file and keep NVDA50.kext system loads ok, but only 1024x768 and SystemProfiler NOT shows card, only generic.

So, it seems that really chameleon now is loading ok and is able to get Gforce 210 on system, but only in 1024x768, so what are the next steps i should follow?

Of course NVdia installer from tonymac not solved the issue...

In any case, my bios has been auto-restored....due this problem. I have to make a bios-reset every time graphicsEnabler and NVDA50 loads at the same time,is a great hard problem. :sick:

Please, all comments are hight appreciated to give some light.

And frey, you will be able to get sound ALC889 running OK? I´m not be able using the latest multibeast...

Keep updated. Thank you, good luck!

amilmac said:
frey said:
... so I seem to have fixed my boot black screen problem:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=13711

But you only are able to get up 1024x768, right?

No, not at all. Once OSX has actually booted and starts showing the blue background / login screen / desktop, I can go right up to 1920x1080 (native resolution of my monitor) with no problems. My video card is natively supported by OSX though.

I think the setting in the boot.plist is just to tell the system what resolution it should show the boot logo at. Once the real graphics driver kicks in later on during the boot, it can switch up to a higher res. That seems to be what's going on, anyway...

Hi all!

Fred, i definetively get working my system with my graphics nvidia Gforce 210 running OK.

By any reason in my case with the g210 card i can´t use in any way Chameleon graphics enabler, so to get working:
1. I removed GraphicsEnabler from my /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist
2. After I add the EFI string from my card in boot.plist.
3. Install NVIDIA tonymac drivers. For this card has been added in NV50 the right string from my 210, install and go.
4. Reboot and enjoy :lol:

And of course, the DSDT.aml file that we setup the first time.

Now i can get all resolutions (current 1360x768) and QE/CI all GOOD :headbang:

Sound ALC889 is working also but NOT the front mic / headpones.

Greets!!

Ihave this exact system, eveything is working except sleep. If I put it to sleep and then bring it out after 10 mins or so everything works, However if I put it to sleep and leave it a couple of hours and then wake it up if come awake but when you try to launch any program it hangs. Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back