Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H F11 Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 is supported AFAIK.
It's pretty fast and "cheap".
Or go with an ASUS Geforce 8800, should work out of the box.
I haven't got a hackintosh at the moment, but I'm good in lurking :)

assoricks :wave:

Hi everyone! Was wondering if you guys could help me out! I'm begging! Basically, I would like to use the intergrated graphics of the motherboard and not have to purchase a video card. Could anyone confirm that this would work. Thanks - Douglas

izzodm said:
Hi everyone! Was wondering if you guys could help me out! I'm begging! Basically, I would like to use the intergrated graphics of the motherboard and not have to purchase a video card. Could anyone confirm that this would work. Thanks - Douglas
The Intel integrated graphics controller is not currently supported. You need to add a graphics card.

izzodm said:

--> the integrated graphics will not be fully functional (1024x768 only, no acceleration) but did allow me to install SL retail using iBoot and subsequently install my HD4850. With my HD4850 dropped in from the start this was not possible.

Hello,

I recent buy the GA-H55M-UD2h F11 and a core i3 540.

My graphics is a Gigabyte NVIDIA Gforce 210

At this time, only availiable iBoot 2.6.x and multibeast 2.6.x.

So, with iBoot cd i can install via usb a 10.6.3 retail.

The issue appears to be with Multibeast. I upgrade to latest 10.6.6, without reboot, multibeast and i only select DSDT option with my DSDT.aml (downloaded from tonymac).

At reboot, chamaleon loads from HD, but when all os appears to loadBLACK SCREEN appears (out of resolution, monitor goes off). AND if i boot in -s and delete DSDT.aml from Extra, boot again OK. But graphics only 1024x768 not detected graphic card.

So, it´s extrange that´s right DSDT.aml is causing issues.

And i do not find the 2.5.1 multibeast from post (allways download the latest) and i can´t try this method. Also the gf210 could be the problem.

Thanks!!!

amilmac said:
Hello,

The issue appears to be with Multibeast. I upgrade to latest 10.6.6, without reboot, multibeast and i only select DSDT option with my DSDT.aml (downloaded from tonymac).

At reboot, chamaleon loads from HD, but when all os appears to loadBLACK SCREEN appears (out of resolution, monitor goes off). AND if i boot in -s and delete DSDT.aml from Extra, boot again OK. But graphics only 1024x768 not detected graphic card.

And i do not find the 2.5.1 multibeast from post (allways download the latest) and i can´t try this method. Also the gf210 could be the problem.

Thanks!!!
Did you use your purchased retail Snow Leopard Upgrade disc for the install?

amilmac said:
Hello,

I'm experiencing a similar problem with my setup. Try a real cold boot (switch off the power at the back of your machine) -- that works for me, but I have to do it every time I shut down.

ModBot said:
amilmac said:
Hello,

Thanks!!!
Did you use your purchased retail Snow Leopard Upgrade disc for the install?

Hi,

Yes, i used a retail snow leopard dvd dmg image -not patched- (10.6.3). Upgrade to 10.6.6 without problems.

Thank you!

frey said:
amilmac said:
Hello,

I'm experiencing a similar problem with my setup. Try a real cold boot (switch off the power at the back of your machine) -- that works for me, but I have to do it every time I shut down.

Thank you for your post friend. Really it´s not the best idea swith off power every time you reboot.
Then you think is a dsdt issue not related to graphics? Please keep update your progress, i do the same :)

And: you are using the onboard graphics card?
Thank you!

Re DSDT: no I don't think that's the problem as I have the same motherboard and selected the same thing in multibeast. You did also select the System Utilities right? You've tried booting with -x? The DSDT affects which kexts are loaded I believe, but you need to manually rebuild your kext cache (-x does this).

amilmac said:
And: you are using the onboard graphics card?
Thank you!

No I had no luck with that, it seems that the integrated graphics on the core i processors is not supported by osx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back