Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Brix S GB-BSi7H-6500 BIOS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Recently I bought a Gigabyte Brix S and am trying to install Mac OS Sierra on it. I've been using this guide. The problem is, hen I get to the actual BIOS part of the installation, I do not have an option for CFG-lock. The processor is an Intel i7-6500U.
The boot menu and BIOS setup can be accessed by mashing the F12 key during BIOS startup.

To start, "Restore Defaults" from the "Save & Exit" tab.

Then change:
- CFG Lock: Disabled (Advanced->CPU Configuratioin)
- Secure Boot Control: Disabled (Security)

'Secure boot' is off by default, but i just cannot find CFG-lock anywhere in the BIOS. As well as the CPU settings, I've looked everywhere else and it's just not there.

In Advanced>CPU Configuration I have:
Code:
Intel virtualisation Technology [Enabled]
EIST [Enabled]
Turbo Mode [Enabled]
CPU C states [Enabled]

I tried starting up mac OS anyway, and it got just over halfway before it showed some lines of information then crashed.

So:
How can I turn CFG-lock off?
Do I need to turn other options off, like VT-d for example?
Please explain to me exactly what I have to do, as I am a beginner at this.

Hi. Recently I bought a Gigabyte Brix S and am trying to install Mac OS Sierra on it. I've been using this guide. The problem is, hen I get to the actual BIOS part of the installation, I do not have an option for CFG-lock. The processor is an Intel i7-6500U.

'Secure boot' is off by default, but i just cannot find CFG-lock anywhere in the BIOS. As well as the CPU settings, I've looked everywhere else and it's just not there.

In Advanced>CPU Configuration I have:
Code:
Intel virtualisation Technology [Enabled]
EIST [Enabled]
Turbo Mode [Enabled]
CPU C states [Enabled]

I tried starting up mac OS anyway, and it got just over halfway before it showed some lines of information then crashed.

So:
How can I turn CFG-lock off?
Do I need to turn other options off, like VT-d for example?
Please explain to me exactly what I have to do, as I am a beginner at this.

Yes, you need to disable VT-d, or you may not be able to start MacOS. If you cannot find CFG-lock then ignore it. I can't find it in my motherboard BIOS either.

For recommended UEFI settings please see :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...upported-intel-based-pc.200564/#uefi_settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back