Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

** A Brief Look at OpenCanopy 0.6.8 **

OpenCanopy 0.6.8.png

Screenshots will be saved in EFI partition of the boot drive as PNG files.

Last edited:
Hi Casey and all,

I try to record an external mic throught the Realtek ALC1220-VB line-in (no the MIC line-in) but it won't work.

I saw that on OpenCore Post Install:

No Mic on AMD​

• This is a common issue with when running AppleALC with AMD, specifically no patches have been made to support Mic input. At the moment the "best" solution is to either buy a USB DAC/Mic or go the VoodooHDA.kext method. Problem with VoodooHDA is that it's been known to be unstable and have worse audio quality than AppleALC
It is same for you ? Could you confirm?

many thanks !

Hi Casey and all,

I try to record an external mic throught the Realtek ALC1220-VB line-in (no the MIC line-in) but it won't work.

I saw that on OpenCore Post Install:

No Mic on AMD​

• This is a common issue with when running AppleALC with AMD, specifically no patches have been made to support Mic input. At the moment the "best" solution is to either buy a USB DAC/Mic or go the VoodooHDA.kext method. Problem with VoodooHDA is that it's been known to be unstable and have worse audio quality than AppleALC
It is same for you ? Could you confirm?

many thanks !

On our Threadripper Hackintoshs we don't need/use AppleALC, or any other kext, for onboard sound to work, be that directly from the MB connectors on the back or the front case ports. Have you tried it without any kexts?

** HackinDROM App 1.2.0 Released **
Now supports both Catalina and Big Sur

Credit: @Inqnuam

The HackinDROM application now supports Catalina as well! (Mojave support is not planned.) Version 1.2.0 will download and install automatically when the previous version is launched. Please wait a few extra seconds for the application icon to appear in the menu bar.

Other improvements:
  • Drivers section now detects disabled drivers correctly
  • Performance optimizations
  • Report Archive now includes System Report file, but without personal data
  • Small graphical changes for better experience
  • Added description for the new -wegnoigpu boot argument
First time users may download the application from the HackinDROM website. HackinDROM Application mini-guide located here.

Where can I find info on these ...does anyone know?
If they are disabled, why are the entries there?

Thanks!!!

1618680907700.png

Thanks!!!

View attachment 515470

You need to use the debug version of OpenCore. In your config.plist change Misc | Debug | DisplayDelay to 64 and Misc | Debug | Target to 65. When you boot, there will then be a log file created in the EFI which lists the MIMO address'. You then need to convert these from hex to decimal and enter them as above. Every motherboard can/will have different values. They can also change when you add/remove devices and when you change BIOS version.

You need to use the debug version of OpenCore. In your config.plist change Misc | Debug | DisplayDelay to 64 and Misc | Debug | Target to 65. When you boot, there will then be a log file created in the EFI which lists the MIMO address'. You then need to convert these from hex to decimal and enter them as above. Every motherboard can/will have different values. They can also change when you add/remove devices and when you change BIOS version.
Ok.. so for us mortals, we shouldnt care about this as long as we are able to boot then...in other words :)

Thanks!!!

View attachment 515470
Those are indeed disabled. They were added for debug purposes. I can delete them with a future OC update.

Ok.. so for us mortals, we shouldnt care about this as long as we are able to boot then...in other words :)

Things run a lot more smoothly if you take the 30 minutes it takes to have the proper values in there. The last time I updated the BIOS on my Threadripper system I was no longer able to boot Catalina or Big Sur until I updated my MimoWhitelist.

It's like saying you can drive your car with one of the tyres flat, so as long as I can drive it why bother to change the tyre. If you took the time to change the tyre it would run a lot better.

** OpenIntelWireless 2.0.0-alpha Drivers Released Today **

The new drivers finally support WiFi 5 (802.11ac) and WiFi 6 (802.11ax). They are still in development, but are good enough to be released to the public for alpha testing.

On the Z490 Vision D with Intel CNVi AX201 module, the new driver provides 200Mbps download on my 200Mbps Internet service. It's the same speed as wired Gigabit Ethernet.

Read all about it...

Last edited:
Back