Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

** OpenIntelWireless 2.0.0-alpha Drivers Released Today **

The new drivers finally support WiFi 5 (802.11ac) and WiFi 6 (802.11ax). They are still in development, but are good enough to be released to the public for alpha testing.

On the Z490 Vision D with Intel CNVi AX201 module, the new driver provides 200Mbps download on my 200Mbps Internet speed. It's the same speed as wired Gigabit Ethernet.

Read all about it...
Works like a charm for me on 2.4 GHz band!
5 GHz band not appear in wifi list.

Thanks for this release Casey!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-04-21 à 09.45.50.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-04-21 à 09.45.50.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 57
Works like a charm for me on 2.4 GHz band!
5 GHz band not appear in wifi list.
Now that's more like it -- 100+ Mbps on the upload as well!

Thanks for this release Casey!
Credit where credit is due: The drivers are developed by the OpenIntelWireless team on GitHub. Very shortly after the 2.0.0-alpha release, @Ploddles brought this to our attention.

Last edited:
From MacRumors:

Big Sur 11.4 will support AMD 6000 series GPUs including 6800, 6800XT, 6900XT. (6700XT is unknown at this time.)

Note: Until 11.4 Public Beta is released, please do not discuss the developer version. I simply referenced a publicly posted article.

Update: Public Beta 1 has been released. More info posted here.

Last edited:
** OpenIntelWireless 2.0.0-alpha Drivers Released Today **

The new drivers finally support WiFi 5 (802.11ac) and WiFi 6 (802.11ax). They are still in development, but are good enough to be released to the public for alpha testing.

On the Z490 Vision D with Intel CNVi AX201 module, the new driver provides 200Mbps download on my 200Mbps Internet service. It's the same speed as wired Gigabit Ethernet.

Read all about it...
Is this applicable to this build if you switch out the card with the fenvi?

Is this applicable to this build if you switch out the card with the fenvi?
It is applicable to the Intel AX200 module that comes preinstalled.

It is applicable to the Intel AX200 module that comes preinstalled.

So would this be preferred and than just use a bluetooth via usb?

So would this be preferred and than just use a bluetooth via usb?
Are you using a USB Bluetooth dongle? If so, it is a Bluetooth 5.0 module?

Only 2 features of Continuity are currently working with the Intel module: (a) handoff from apps and (b) copy clipboard. Nothing else works yet, including (a) AirDrop, (b) Continuity Camera, (c) Sidecar, (d) Unlock with Apple Watch, (e) Apple Pay with Apple Watch, (f) etc.

But feel free to try these and see if they are entirely or only partially broken.

I see rumors online that macOS 11.4 beta 1 has 6800/6900 support!!? :) Cant wait till its available to the public if this is true!

I see rumors online that macOS 11.4 beta 1 has 6800/6900 support!!? :) Cant wait till its available to the public if this is true!
Please see:

Thx!!

Edit: I always forget that CaseySJ will always get the info here! :)

Last edited:
Back