Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

@CaseySJ Mine is acting really weird. Can't turn on and off with out locking up. It won't remove devices. Bluetooth fails right after boot up sometime. Do you also have this BCRM20702 Hub listed?
That hub is normal, which you can see here as well:
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 4.07.08 PM.png

Mine came in a small box with the Fenvi branding, as photographed in Post #1. Is yours the same? If you are within your rights to exchange the item, that might be worth doing...

That hub is normal, which you can see here as well:
View attachment 513737
Mine came in a small box with the Fenvi branding, as photographed in Post #1. Is yours the same? If you are within your rights to exchange the item, that might be worth doing...
hi @CaseySJ,

Finally got it working with Handoff. I did exchange the module, but that wasn't the issue. There was something wrong (or incompatible) with my previous build. Note, the previous build was from the 9900K Designare.

A fresh install solved all the issues. Handoff, continuity etc working now!

Thanks for your help!

Jay

@CaseySJ Did you manage to solve the Beta Software Update just spinning?

@CaseySJ Did you manage to solve the Beta Software Update just spinning?
Yes; my B550 Vision D is running macOS 11.3 Public Beta 6, which was installed this morning without any trouble.

No luck for me... still spinning endlessly

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 17.28.37.png

I have a big question.
I can't get my hands on a Radeon 5xx card in Canada anywhere and even on backorder the one I purchased a year ago for my present PC was only around $250, now stupid amount. So I do have a Nvidia 980 Ti, yes I know that I can only go to 10.3.6 with that card. The question is "can I run that card in this system?

** OpenCore 0.6.8 EFI for B550 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

BREAKING NEWS (for Catalina and Big Sur only)!!
Brand new method to upgrade to OpenCore 0.6.8 (you can skip everything below)!!

If making changes to the config files, please wait for OpenCore Configurator 2.33.1.2 or newer
(or use a plist editor)

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.8 has arrived, along with an update of Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, VirtualSMC, NVMeFix, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM3, and BrcmBluetoothInjector.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.8
  • Lilu 1.5.2
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.9
  • AppleALC 1.5.9
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.2
  • NVMeFix 1.0.6
  • BrcmFirmwareData 2.5.8
  • BrcmPatcRAM3 2.5.8
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector 2.5.8
config.plist Changes:
  • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled (change to Default for OpenIntelWireless)
  • NVRAM --> Delete --> opencore-version (to report correct OpenCore version when macOS is booted)
How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called EFI-068-B550-VISION-D.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Use HackinDROM to transfer PlatformInfo from existing OpenCore config.plist to new version. Please follow the guide by clicking here and select one of the following from the CopyConfig feature.
    • B550 Vision D (AMD) OC 068 - CaseySJ
After the modified config.plist has been copied to the EFI/OC folder of the USB flash disk, proceed as follows:
  1. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  2. Warning: It is necessary to Reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems, select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
  3. At the OpenCore 0.6.8 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  4. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.
CAUTION:
  • If you are using a custom Thunderbolt SSDT or any other custom SSDTs or Kexts, please update your config.plist accordingly.
  • During startup or reboot, the Gigabyte splash screen may take several seconds to clear, which means the OpenCore Picker GUI will take more time to appear. If this happens, the delay could be fixed by removing AudioDxe.efi from the OpenCore config.plist.

Attachments

• EFI-068-B550-VISION-D.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Thank you for this update

** Guide to Using HackinDROM Application to Update OpenCore **

Purpose:
OpenCore is currently being updated every month. Updating our EFI folders at such a high frequency can become tedious and error prone. Fortunately, @Inqnuam has developed a wonderful little app that does all of the work for us. This illustrated mini-guide walks us through the entire process.

Back